Which Detonator for Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Detonator for Win2k

Which nVidia detonator works best in Win2k with a GeForce2GTS (asus 7700)?

One of my flatmates uses this card on a Thunderbird 850 and VIA KT133A, but the drivers either keep crashing games, or have serious glitches (mostly some Direct3D vsync problem it looks like).

The problem is that there are too many nVidia drivers to chose from, and there seems to be no connection between newer and better regarding driver releases

I had good luck with the 6.31 drivers under win2k.

Rags

Comment

6.50 is what NVIDIA is officially offering on their webpage and it works OK for me.

ASUS has recently released a driver update too. It's called version 6.49 but I'm not sure if ASUS revisions are comparable to the NVIDIA versioning as ASUS' previous offering was 5.xx. Anyway, that too works well as far as I see.

I only really play OpenGL, more specifically Q3 engine games though. Last time I used D3D was 3DMark 2001.

The leaked 10.XX drivers with Geforce3 support are said to be a good thing for D3D 8.

Comment

Thanks!

6.31 seem to work very stable!

Comment

For Win2K the higher 7.x or even the 10.x/11.0 should be preferred since they're said to have higher performance than the 6.x detonators.
          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
          My System
          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
          German ATI-forum

Comment

Stay away from those for now, they are buggy as all heck. You will get some versions that work great in D3D, some work okay in OpenGL, but I have yet to see a newer set do both fast and stable. The 6.31 are still the best as far as stability/speed goes for me.

Rags

Comment

The 10.80's are the latest and greatest. Any problems that you experience witht those would be with your VIA AGP or FSAA.
              C:\DOS
              C:\DOS\RUN
              \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

btw. I managed to get rid of the vertical sync bug by enabling coolbits, and disabling Direct3D VSync altogether in the nVidia display tab.

The crashing that happened in one game was due to a different issue I found out later: this solved it: http://support.microsoft.com/support.../q270/7/15.asp

Comment

Working...
                X