Using Projector Need help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Projector Need help!!

I am the resident audio/video tech guy at my church in sunny el cajon CA, we just recently aquirred a new projector, I'm not sure the model number but it's a Panasonic.

We run the projector from the sound boot in the main sanctuary and so it's bout a 100'-150' span to cover with cabling. We run a computer program for displaying the words to songs and some notes for sermons and it works great! The problem however is with the VCR we recently hooked up to the projector... Just like everything else we want to control the VCR from the sound boot so there is that 100' or so shot to the front. to cover this distance we have a coaxial cable that runs along the wall to the back of the stage. on the VCR side we use an adapter to change the cable from coaxial to RCA type then 12' RCA video cable to VCR.

On the projector side we come out coaxial at the back of the stage then we have an adapter from coaxial to RCA type, we then run 36' tottal RCA video cabling one 12' and one 24'with a female/female connector between to the projector. whew

So here's the dilema... when we display a video we get these annoying lines that scroll from bottom to top like the refresh rate is really slow or something... I am pretty sure it's from all the cabling but am not sure. do you know my problem and/or how to solve it???

Please help

-chris k.
    -Chris K.

You should run RG-6 coax for the entire length of the runs and use F/RCA adapters to connect into the equipment. Eliminate the RCA cables entirely.

P.S. You could also move the VCR near the projector and use IR repeater equipment to remotely control both the VCR and projector. This may not fit your needs if you frequently need physical access to the VCR.

[This message has been edited by xortam (edited 21 March 2001).]
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
    X