Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back amongst the rebels but seems to have caught some darkside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSI does make good boards, but I had a bad K7T, that failed gradually over only five reboots.

I had the same "overvolt" problem on my 8KTA3, Where the voltage was 100mV over what I set it to in the BIOS.

I've had lots of fun unlocking and tweaking my Duron, so I think you shoud try again Tech.

------------------
    Epox 8KTA3 w/ Duron 850@7.5*133 with Alpha 6035, 256MB Crucial 7E, G400MAX,SBLive!-MP3,Pioneer 10x DVD, Plextor 12/10/32A, IBM 45GB 75gxp, and a Sony 420GS. Running RH7.0 (2.4.0-final), and Win98 (when I have to).
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

T, I have been recommending MSI (Athlon) MB's only since they produced the first MS-6167(vs. any other 1st gen Athlon MB's). Prior to this they all had issues that left a foul taste in your mouth and most avoided them like the plague. Many here even questioned my sanity when suggesting this brand for use in the first Athlon's built or in a system using my Eclipse'd Athlons.
      Out of those many, were few who recieved bad boards, tho I think MSI had the best track record at the time.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but to correct and inform others that even tho MSI may have burned them in the past, have heard bad things of and have not always held true to form, should all be a... hmmm what's the verbage... Ah Ha viable choice now.

(had to use jumper cables)
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Greebe, Glad to hear that.
        I'm not going to start a flame war over this, especialy not against a Moderator

Wombat:
        Shure I would probably get it to work flawlesly but the needed woltage raises the temperature to much in my opinion.
        And 933 is enough for me!
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
        X