ThermoEngine V60-4210?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThermoEngine V60-4210?

Has anyone seen this HSF combo in action?

Here is a snippit of info:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">A radical new cooler that contains a vacuum sealed heatpipe embedded in the heatsink. The exact contents of the heatpipe are a closely guarded secret we understand it to be a water /ammonia based chemical mix. </font>
    I have gone to great lengths to reduce the noise output of my rig, but I still have a 'whiney' noise due to my coolermaster heat pipe. This HSF looks to be much better, but I wonder how noisey it is...Anyone know?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Hmmm....I'll try that pic again...

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

for a REALLY quiet cooler (the guys from tomshardware had to actually look at it to tell if it was working, they couldn't hear it) whith exceptional cooling ability (almost as good as the swiftechs)... it's got a new, innovative design and a base of 50 grams pure silver to start with

read the heatsink comparison at tom's hardware here

www.noisecontrol.de (the manufacturer's website, unfortunately in german only, but i'll translate for you if you want )

i HATE my loud pc so this is kind of a revenge

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Link not working! A translation would be nice since I'm looking to reduce the noice of my server!

Curently have 2 computers in my bedrom with a total of 20 fans in the computers!

------------------
        Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless..

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Guru: I have 6 80mm fans in my case which is less than 10cm from me at the moment. I just rigged up a switch to change the fans voltage from 12v to 7v. The noise reduction (airflow) is unbelievable! The ambient temp has only gone up by 1-2'C.

This has made such a difference - I can mp3 it for you if you like?

Cheers for the link az - i'll bablefish it first!

Comment

well, a warning first: it'll cost about 70$ + shipping, so it's kinda expensive...

some images...

http://www.noisecontrol.de/info/silv...50mm_unten.jpg

http://www.noisecontrol.de/info/silv...00/bild_01.htm

http://www.noisecontrol.de/info/silv...00/bild_02.htm

http://www.noisecontrol.de/info/silv...00/bild_03.htm

http://www.noisecontrol.de/info/silv...00/bild_01.htm

http://www.noisecontrol.de/info/silv...00/bild_03.htm

as you can see, it's kinda big too...

well now, on to the features (i won't do a direct translation, i'll provide only the facts)

suitable for socket 370, 462, A (base big enough to fit on the pads on the amds)

cool enough for athlons up to 1.5ghz (all data for fastest mode, estimated based upon available models) and p3 1200 (again estimated)

0.45c/w

36m<SUP>3</SUP>/h

1.5 sone (0.5 in quiet mode, still fast enough for an athlon 1g)

LxBxH 80x56x113mm (as i said, it's quite big)

weight 410 grams

2 molex plugs w/ tacho signal

2 fans so that if one should fail the other still has some emergency headroom left

well, that was it, i guess... hope it helps

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

quote:
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              A radical new cooler that contains a vacuum sealed heatpipe embedded in the heatsink. The exact contents of the heatpipe are a closely guarded secret we understand it to be a water /ammonia based chemical mix.

here's a little article that found NOTHING inside. http://www.overclockers.com/articles356/index02.asp

Comment

Hey Paddy, I just tested one last week on my Heat Sink test system. With the supplied 16.3 CFM fan it is not impressive at all, barely better than an Intel retail heat sink.

I then put a Delta 38 CFM fan on (sucking) instead of blowing and it performed quite well.

My guess is that with a 23-27 CFM fan it should be ok. I still need to do more testing.

Paul
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Cheers all....

az: It's a bit expensive I think I will wait to see if I can get hold of one over here first, but thanks man!

Ayoub: Cheers man - you've saved me some cash!

Paul: Thanks again mate!

....I guess I'll gave to be whiney for now...

Hey - if I replace the fan that should help...does anyone know of a quiet 40mm fan...The one supplied is a coolermaster ball fan I think.

Comment

thats a good heatsink! I use it on my Athlon 1200Mhz! It runs very stable!

Bought it for 250 NOK!

------------------
                    - [GDI]Raptor

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Paddy [MU]:
                      [B]

I can mp3 it for you if you like?

B]</font>
                      That would be nice! If you have the time or energy(What am I saying you just saved yourself 5V )
                      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Here you go Guru. Please excuse the quality. The mic was placed about a foot from the case & I tried to keep the creaking to a minimum!

Comment

Thanx!

------------------

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless..

Comment

He just changed(25 minutes ago) HS on my 1GHz T-Bird! Cooler Master DP5-6H51 (the big one with the new fan) became Thermaltake VOLCANO II! cpu themp whent from 46.5C to 41C! 100% cpu load!

EDIT: Oh my system temp is 22C!
                            ------------------

[This message has been edited by Guru (edited 26 March 2001).]

Comment

BTW anyone tried one of these: http://www.pcpowerandcooling.com/pro...uiet/index.htm

Do they work as they promise?

Comment

Working...
                              X