No announcement yet.

Voodoo 2 /Voodoo3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pace, actually, I think there were 6MB voodoo-1 cards made (at elast by Canopus: the Pure3D). Maybe as well by Quantum3D, and I even recall a Voodoo-1 SLI board by Quantum3D... though I am not 100% sure on that last one

Comment

Yes, there was a SLI V1 board from Quantum. I think it was called the Obsidian 100 or something. Canopus had a 6MB V1 board as well.

Comment

Ok dZeus, I guess I've been corrected

I have heard of the SLI V1 though, but I've never really heard anyone being certain about it either. Maybe it was never released or something? Anyone recall this?

P.
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Pace,

I'll bet that you were thinking of the
          6MB Voodoo Rush card where 3Dfx did the
          3D and Alliance did the 2D....
          Jazz, Stingray and Intense...what great names!

------------------
          MatroxG400MAX..and some other stuff

Comment

I remember back in the days when I upgraded from a P233MMX with a Milenium1 4MB to a P2 233 and bought a 8Mb Millenium2 AGP and 2 12MB Voodoo2s in SLI. It was the fastest system in the world for about a week until Intel bought out the P2 266 (bastards).

My girlfriend still has those Voodoo2s in her computer, and they are great at all of todays games still. (at 800X600X16 though).

When I get a G800, my G400 will go to her, and those Voodoo2s will probably go back into that P2 233 system that just sits at home running a file server (with that old Milenium1 in it). Pity I sold my Mil2 though, but I did get more for it than my G200 cost

Ali, remembering the good old days.

Comment

I had dual VooDoo II's in SLI too, Ali. Had a Fire GL for the primary card. Sold them on Ebay after I got my G400.
              MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
              Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
              512MB regular Crucial PC2100
              Matrox P
              X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
              LianLiPC70

Comment

I still have and proudly use my Quantum 3D Obsidian X-24: It is a truly massive beast,
                heavier than some motherboards!

It also has the finest image quality of any Voodoo2 I've ever seen. I don't think I'll ever part with it because it was so unique for it's time. I bought mine on eBay a year ago for about $160.00.

As far as gaming goes, it still runs like a champ with a fast processor. Though not as fast as the new generation cards, of course, but more than enough for an enjoyable gaming experience.

Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Rich: I was just about to start a topic on FireGL I've got the chance of one, dunno much about it, and the guy is hoping for upto £100 - how good are they, and should I get one? If not, how much do you think it's worth? Are they still for sale?

(I'll ask him more about it, I think it's dual monitor, and NT only )

P.
                  Meet Jasmine.
                  flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                  X