Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do I make mp3 songs volume the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I make mp3 songs volume the same?

can anyone suggest a program that makes all my mp3 songs have the same level of volume! I am so sick of guessing how much db to increase "quiet" songs decrease "lound" ones in my editing proggies to prepare for burning.
    any suggestions.

thanks

I use Sound Forge, but it's a bit overkill for most people. There are others, but I'm having a moment and can't think of the names...

Anyone else?

Comment

Isn't there a 'normalize' option in about every burning programm ?
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I think that Winamp has a volume-levelling plug-in. You might be able to combine this with the disk-writer of WAV plugin.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

the normalize option, in my experience, does not really work well. I'll try to fing the winamp plugin, thanks

Comment

bongo, normalize does work, but it's each songs dynamic range that varies. Example, most music for broadcast is compressed, limited and even then boosted by upto ~6dB greater than it's counter part straight off off the CD.

So unless you undo what has been done ie. as above and then matched to what would be concidered normal, it will always sound dynamically different.

The best way to fix this is to use a proggy like Cool Edit or Sound Forge and manually adjust these settings on the remix.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I use CDex for conversions of audio files to MP3. It has a built in normalizer that works great. It is freeware and you can download it at this site http://www.cdex.n3.net/.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Wordsmith took the words right out of my mouth and keyboard . CDEx is what I use as well. Very good program for making mp3's.

Jord.
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                X