WOOHOOO!! Posting from 1+ghz :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOOHOOO!! Posting from 1+ghz :D

Got the urge to splurge last night and ran out and got me a Duron 800 and an Asus A7V133a motherboard ($200 usd). Broke out the pencil and now it's currently running nice and stable at 1042mhz (7.5x139mhz).

Benches:
    <a href="http://members.home.net/electric70/CPUBENCH.JPG" Target="_Blank">Sisoft CPU Bench</a>

<a href="http://members.home.net/electric70/MEMBENCH.JPG" Target="_Blank">Sisoft Memory Bench</a>

3DMark 2001= 1550 @ default bench on my G400 32mb (stock)

amish

[This message has been edited by Electric Amish (edited 02 June 2001).]
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

well done!

Comment

awesome!! i have a duron currently at 900 I tried 950 but it isnt stable I think that its just that the thermal tape is crap or the cooler master isnt that good or both
      but am expecting my artic silver next week
      since sisoft sadara sees it as 1.1ghz duron for some reason.
      so hopefully ill push it to 1ghz
      plus do you have a chipset cooler also on your rig??

------------------
      MSI K7TPro2 Duron 750@900
      512Ram G400DH32mb
      Pioneer SCSI 16xDVD
      msn messenger id: mkanashta
      DFI NFIIUltra 400
      756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
      Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
      Windows XP pro
      msn messenger id: gchisel
      Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

How did your upgrade go, Electric Amish? Any problems encountered with the ASUS board or was it plug and play?
        MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
        Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
        512MB regular Crucial PC2100
        Matrox P
        X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
        LianLiPC70

Comment

I have my Duron 700 at 850 rock stable at default voltage (1.60V). I've had it stable at 950 with 1.82V. Cooler Master is a POS HSF, I ditched mine for a Global WBK38. I like the cooling but hate the noise. I'm ordering a Millennium Glaciator to replace it though, better performance and quieter to boot. Been using Arctic Silver for a while now. Glaciator ships with a packet of Arctic Silver. You'll probably make 950 with the Arctic Silver. Shutting down now to see if I can make AGIGA.
          My main problem is that here in Jamaica we have great beach weather all year round. It almost never gets below 25 degrees C, which is not good for OC

[This message has been edited by DentyCracker (edited 03 June 2001).]
          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I switched out an Abit KA7/Athlon 700 Classic, so the upgrade went relatively well with both motherboards being VIA chipsets. No Windows reinstall!! Only real problem I had is Win98SE being stubborn about detecting and loading drivers for the Promise 100 controller on-board.

Windigo- Yeah, I have a chipset cooler. The Asus A7V133a comes with a HS/Fan on the chipset. Nice!

I just have a ThermalTake Volcano II HS/Fan on my CPU w/ Arctic Silver. Anybody know anything about this setup?? When I push it anymore, I get Registry errors in Windows. Is that heat or RAM?? (I have Mushkin PC133 RAM)

amish

Comment

I have a ThermalTake Volcano II that came with my retail T'bird. Does a fair job with the quiet fan it comes with. In a 25C (77F) room my 1333 runs at 44C (111F) at idle and 48C (118F) loaded. MB temp is 30C (86F).

I have tried an Alpha PAL6035 and a Vantec FCE-6254OD and they were not much better. I can get lower temps if I put one of those noisy Delta 38 CFM fans on any of them, but I like quiet and live with the extra temp.

What are your temps anyway? I would get reg errors or boot crashes if I pushed my 900 T'bird on an Abit KT7A board too far, and temps were not excessive. That 900 would only go up to 1064 no matter what I did with voltage or multiplier/FSB combinations.

------------------
              ASUS A7M266, 1333MHz/266FSB, 512MB Crucial PC2100 DDR, Two RAID 0's, Win2000/Win98SE
              The Rest
              Matrox P
              LianLiPC70

Comment

Didn't hit AGIGA. Was stable at 970 (9.5X102), but I don't like to run out of PCI spec. Currently running at 950, with a Globalwin WBK38. CPU temp. by MBM 5.07b is 46°C,ambient 34°C, core voltage 1.82V, 3.3 at 3.34V on an Abit KT7 (686A) with G400DH 32MB, SBLive! X-Gamer 5.1 in PCI2, ATi TV wonder in PCI3, KNE120TX NIC in PCI5, Maxtor 20GB and 4GB HDs, Plextor PX-W8432T CDR, Toshiba SD-M1402TA DVD ROM, 2x128 MB generic "PC133 CAS3" SDRAM running at 100MHz CAS2, in an INWIN Q500 case (300W PSU)
                Temperature is with genome running. With wpcredit and wpcrset I had idle temperature down to 2° above ambient, but my machine started to behave screwy. I don't believe it was due to the pcr programs as it continued even afterwards. It was due to the G400 not being seated perfectly. I was clued in when it crashed at 700 MHz in a manner in which my G200 used to in the early days of my FIC VA503+, when busmastering was enabled.

[This message has been edited by DentyCracker (edited 03 June 2001).]
                [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

This is quite in line with my Duron800. Since I have the original KT133 (not A) I can't rise my FSB that high, so the highest stable here is either 9.5*108 = 1026MHz or 10*105 = 1050MHz.

Still quite nice for a cheap Duron800...

[This message has been edited by Indiana (edited 03 June 2001).]
                  But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                  My System
                  2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                  German ATI-forum

Comment

Now where were those instructions at for the pencil trick... Don't tell me - do a search through the archives...

Seriously though, does someone have a simple link to a good thorough explanation of the trick, as well as some nice pics if at all possible? I've got me 2 good T-Birds that could possibly handle an extra .5 or more on the multiplier...

Thx, Guyver
                    Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
                    - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
                    - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
                    - 6.1 Digital Audio
                    - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
                    - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
                    - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
                    - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
                    - LS120 IDE Floppy
                    - Zip 100 IDE
                    - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
                    - NEC FE950
                    - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

http://www.overclockers.com/tips402/

Plycon has got this
                      Trace Tape too. Pricey, but neat.

edit: add-a-link.

[This message has been edited by SCompRacer (edited 04 June 2001).]
                      Matrox P
                      LianLiPC70

Comment

According to the AsusProbe Software, my CPU temps are running 54-57°C. I might need to re-pencil the voltage leads because the Asus software claims my voltage is 1.88 no matter how I change it in the bios...maybe the software is screwed up??

Been running solidly for a few days now. Played games, surfed, etc... no crashes.

amish

Comment

And I got a Duron 700 @ 933.

At default Volt and without any penciling...

Might mention that I'm running at 266FSB

Fast enough for me untill Athlon-c goes down in price..
                          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I have a TB 1,3GHz and my system is nearly totally silent!!! temps are pretty high: 48C 118F... I have managed to clock my system to 149x10 1,5GHz, and still totally silent... The temps were only somewhere around 52C, but I don't need any additional speed... yet... when running my Papst 6,7Krpm at full speed, I'm pretty sure I could push to 1,6Ghz, but the noise would drive me crazy... Also, don't by a ATI graphics card... I bought the Xpert2000pro 32meg card for my other computer, and it's crap!! when clocked @ 142/160, it managed to just about push above my clocked G400 @ 149/198 even though clock speeds are far from G400. However, 3D quality sucks as it has some kind of blurry static noise, and the image therefore isn't quite as sharp... The worse part is the 2D side. On all the highly refresing (windows moving, progress bars) the ATI can't draw them whole, and the lower part disappears!!! this happens in a flickering manner and is pretty anoyng... I would expect that Radeon isn't any better, since my ATI was designed in the year 2000 and propably the same tech as in the Radeon. The ramdac was suprisingly sharp. Almost Matrox quality

Comment

Flipin.

I have a T-bird 1,33GHz. With the Sanyo Denki fan+PEP66 I can get it to 1,5GHz. I can't hear the fan. When I plug in the Delta 7K I can get it to 1563MHz.

I´m still considering if the extra 63MHz is worth the extra 20db. I´m running at 1563 for the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X