Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All your SubSeven Zombies are belong to GRC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impact insulted americans in general by being slackers... which is his typical BS found in the SB.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Warning: This is not a productive area of discussion and I am not enjoying it. But let me clarify.

I was referring to the Steve Gibsons articles, both the subseven zombie one and the win xp one and especially to the fact that most machines that have the trojan installed were connected to the @home cable network. That's why I said '<offending adjective> american cable users' who aren't smart enough to avoid a zombie. Plus Greebe's 'unnecessary hysteria' attitude... sheesh...

Look, I know this might upset you, but that is the reputation americans have. You could at least try to prove me wrong (which I have to admit, Greebe tried), but no, in comes Rags, takes it personally and begins his holy american crusade. For god's sake Rags, ask Greebe to hack you, I don't know how to nor I want to. Just because I am not from the US that doesn't mean I am the bitter enemy of yours. And no I am not out to destroy your computer either.

And I apologize for the d-word.

Maybe I should've just said this:

I think that Zonealarm is better than nothing and any article that can force people (even clueless newbies) into installing it on their machine is good.

You people take this too seriously.
      Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Ooops Impact it looks like you've upset a few poeple.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I know. That's how life goes with the in-your-face attitude. You can't have them all friends and no enemies.

But now I have to go. I am very busy... I have a lot of behind-kissing to do.

Comment

Damn...

Where is that smilie that is mooning people...

Kidding.. it would be funny though. (To go with your last comment impact.)

BTW... True.. Being "In-Your-Face" is sometime counterproductive... but it also sometimes is the only way to accomplish anything...

I am not In Your Face... I am the Guy on his Knee's Kissing my Bosses Ass (I better get a raise soon... he smells and I don't think he wipes )
            AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
            AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
            Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
            Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Impact, what SG forgot to mention is that he installed BID on a system that was already infected, therefore that software wouldn't do him anygood and then whined about it's cost ($40). Well Duhee Steve!

If you travel further into the realm of networking and security you will find that 99% of the real security guru's out their think he's friggin off his rocker! So it's not just me.

BTW if you like to play in your face, then get it straight in the first place. I even doubt you even have internet access at home seeing that all these post come from the Univ your schooled at! Maybe your next class should be, How to behave in public, and not insult those you have no clue about! Like your comment about american's in general.
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Greebe,

BID is stupid as it seems to think that all software that already is on the mashine is OK.

Almost all people who gets an firewall does it to make an already existant internet conection more secure.

And if the FW works like a oneway valve then it is useless if the computer is alredy inwaded by something nasty.

ZA on the other hand wont let anyting in and nothin unauthorized out without notifying the user.

Even if SG overexagerates its still something to consider because in a year XP will probably be wide spread amongst people that Dont have your experience and dont even know the difference between a computer FW or an FW thats in houses!!

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

You know what Technoid, your friggin right and that's something I already knew.

But I don't worry (99.99%) about the software on my machine and if I do question what's going on then I have other software that'll detect it.

For all it's + and -'s I know all about them. but as I said before, ZA doesn't work on all machines, including mine. So should I drop what does work just so I can use a freeby product that doesn't?!

Don't bother answering I know... U know it all and I'm just an idiot (cough *bullshit* cough)

Comment

Whoa, stop it.

His Windows XP panic making nonsense is what angered me in the first place.

Looks like he has a really hard time comprehending that it could already be done in Windows 9x only though a different way, not using Windows Sockets base functionality. Just to satisfy the poor guy some of the new trojans are going to demonstrate that.

Maybe he'll then present that as another one of his "new" discoveries.

All the while he seems to be completely ingorant of what the real problem is: the trojans being able to make themselves home on so many machines. Everyone, included Microsoft should be (and are) working to prevent that happening. Steve only seems to care about what the compromised systems might do against his little server. The trojans giving full access to anyone on some people's infected machines is none of his concern.

He is a good writer, no question of that. That's why it's a serious problem that he is continuously trying to unnecessarily scare people. Guess what would anyone inexperienced gather from this DDOS page of his? I don't think it's that he should be installing a firewall like ZoneAlarm. It's that 13-year-old children are hacker whiz-kids, and that all hell will break loose with the release of Windows XP.

I'm surprised it wasn't Steve who started the Year 2000 craze -- only that the Y2K problem truly existed in a way.

Comment

I'm sorry, but anyone who writes windows programs in ASM gets my vote no matter what else they do.
                      chuck
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

cjolley,

You really admire most virus and trojan writers then, don't you?

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Look, I know this might upset you, but that is the reputation americans have. You could at least try to prove me wrong (which I have to admit, Greebe tried), but no, in comes Rags, takes it personally and begins his holy american crusade. </font>
                          No, I just think you are a pecker for making a broad sweep of Americans. You do it all the time, and it gets old. You have been a part of these forums for a long time, and you have no reason to come in here bashing your American friends. I have nothing to prove to you. I am on no holy American crusade, either, I am only on a holy Anti-****ole crusade.

Go ahead and flame back, but at least I stand behind what I say, and don't go back and delete posts to remove the evidence.

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 13 June 2001).]

Comment

Oh, and if you want to talk to me personally to see what I am like, or to chat about this in private, ICQ me at *8085001*

Rags

Comment

Oh well that's even better.

First Greebe, being the moderator, deletes my post then Rags accuses me of being a coward and deleting my previous posts. You two make a really good "american" team. Showcasing the very best of the best of your behaviour. :P Thanks, but I definitely don't want a lesson.

Comment

//rant over

I can't comment on Black Ice Defender because I have never used it, but Steve did and I think you have read the results. He might be going a bit far, but then, he probably makes quite some profit by selling the Zone Alarm Pro so some of his "findings" are to be expected. But he did not tamper with the results, he just infested the machine, then installed the programs and compared what both programs did. And (suprisingly, wink wink) ZA won in his test.

But yes, you're right, ZA is not the only way to be safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X