No announcement yet.

Which widescreen TV to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heh Dave, the TV was just over 1000 USD... but that's a lot of money for a college student here

anyway, I'll ask Sony IF they theoretically can fix the 2 spots by calibration by adjusting settings (not that I have the money left to let them do that ).

Another thing I found out that it isn't accepting NTSC over the SCART2 socket properly... it somehow starts polling for Composite and S-VHS every second, so the image turns colour-b&w-colour-etc. every second. fortunately there are 3 SCART sockets and a 4th seperate S-VHS/Composite input, so it's not really a problem for me It's also nice to see that the NTSC signal is displayed over the whole height of the TV... many PAL TV sets that accept NTSC signals can only display 480/576 of the height when in NTSC mode.... though not this TV

I'll be testing it a lot more the next few days... so I might post some more updates soon

Comment

My TV had that annoying purple/red spot on the bottom left corner for a long time. It's usually caused by magnetical interference, which causes a gaussing effect (possibly during shipping somewhere). This is why computer monitor have a degauss, because they are so much more suseptable to magnetic interference, because of the high res, they tend to gauss quicker.

Since yo don't have a car and the Wega's weigh 100 kg, I'm sure you had it delivered. Call up the TV shop and tell them your woes. Have them send out a tech to degauss/calibrate the screen. They should do it for you for free under warranty. Make sure all high powered magnet devices are at least 1-2 m from the TV.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
      X