No announcement yet.

New Home Theater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too, hate Sony and try to avoid them, but the PS3 was the best bang for the buck, so I went that route. I am pleasantly surprised I still hate Sony as a corporation and will avoid buying products made by them, but I am happy with the PS3.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Nice! If the price drops enough, I might be tempted, but I'm not a console gamer so it would be for movies.
      "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Yeah, I hear you. I pulled the trigger because i had $50 off at amazon, so I got the PS3 40GB with Spiderman3, 5 free movies and all for $350 shipped to my door. Too good to pass up.
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

They are Quad 12L's in piano black.
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Sony just announced the first Blu-ray profile 2.0 players, both due out this summer:

Sony BDP-S350 $ 349.99
            Sony BDP-S550 $ 449.99

The S550 supports all the lossless codecs, such as DolbyTrueHD and DTS-HD Master audio, and AVCHD discs (whatever thos are).

Once the price on S550-like players drop I'll dive into the HD media arena. Just been waiting for profile 2.0 players to hit with the right feature set and price, and for HD-DVD to die, before jumping in. Looks like 2009 will be my adoption year.

I would consider the PS3, but I'm not a console gamer, and when I do get a console chances are it will be something my small kids can play too...meaning a Wii.
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Don't forget the PS3 is also a media player(audio, video, pictures) via local files are networked and it will supposedly have blu-ray 2.0 soon (hopefully).

Comment

Working...
              X