No announcement yet.

PD5 nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALBPM: yeah, I get the same error messages.

I guess we have to wait with 4.51 for now, and hope Matrox sort the problems.

Comment

What motherboard do you have? What settings do you have in BIOS that could possibly affect your video card.

Format c: /u is a pretty quick way to resolve problems with windows and the registry.

Comment

I just spent the last two hours figuring this out, and I think it is the same problem...

I just got a new celery 466, and thought I did something to my marvel, but it turns out that you must use the Matrox monitor profile and not a windows one.

So try to load a profile from the list, if your monitor is there, great, if not then use a standard one at the top of the list. You can customize the refresh and stuff after that.

Paul

Comment

jerking all time high...o'lock is tumbling on the big -I- ..
          :<

Comment

Yahooooooooo---- I got installed finally.

First, I tried blur's suggestion and got a fresh .ini file for my monitor. But after another attempt it still showed that I had a 2MB card.

Second, I did a reinstall of DX6.1 off of the Star Wars Racer CD, just happened to be handy. I then reinstalled 5.13. Upon rebooting I got the same error - "The adapter type is incorrect, or current settings do not work with your hardware." Also it still showed that I had a 2MB card. BUMMER....

So I did a reinstall of 5.13 over the existing install, checking the box to load defalt settings over the current ones. Upon rebooting I got the same error. So I went to the advanced display settings and changed the adapter refering back to the 5.13 install directory. This time when it rebooted I noticed the Quickdesk icon in the task bar. Man, was that look good to see again.

So for me a reinstall of DX6.1 seemed to do the trick.

Thanks everyone, for your support and encouragement. You guys kept me going

Paul

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Way to go Paul!!!

Joel
              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Finally some good news Paul.

Now that you don't need the MAX anymore maybe you can give it to me when it finally arrives.

Comment

Anyone know where I can get some chickens real cheap...Heheh

The new driver is great but it was a shortlived experience on my system. The first time I rebooted I got the same adapter type error. I was able to change the adapter in the display properties and get it back again. But after the second reboot it required me to do the 5.13 install all over again.
                  This is very strange the 5.13 drivers don't seem to support my G200. They keep showing it as a 2MB card and require me to change the adapter again before the drivers will work. And this is only good for two reboots.

Here's what I see after installing the 5.13 drivers and rebooting.

Paul

[This message has been edited by ALBPM (edited 07-04-99).]
                  "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Gotta be honest here, I haven't had any troubles with them at all! I didn't even read the "how-to" and I got 'em to work straight off, I must just be too good for yaz all hehe, nah, I did the uninstall 4.51 and setup as a standard PCI VGA Adapter, rebooted, installed the new drivers, rebooted, got some flakey lines flickering on the screen and texture corruptions, rebooted once, rebooted twice, and viola, working drivers

On a different subject, I bought myself a new monitor, and, found a flaw in the Voodoo3's claims. Voodoo3 cannot do the 160Hz refresh rate that it claims. The PnP default refresh for my monitor at 640x480 is 160Hz, but you should see the display go apeshit! It does some funky dance resizing itself from the top down, really wierd! 1280x1024 @89Hz, mmmmmmm, heaven does 1600x1200 @79Hz too!
                    Agent. Copyright © 1998-99 Agent. All rights reserved.

Comment

Paul,

It was the chickens, wasn't it! I knew it!

Glad to see you got it working

Dave
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                      X