Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else, besides me, is happy with PD5.13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very happy with the new drivers, too.
    No problems at all!!! And with the nice
    performance increase I can finally pass
    on my Voodoo 2 to my brother's computer.

My system's specs: AMD K6-2, Millenium G200
    SD PCI, Voodoo 2, SBlive, Asus T2P4, 64 MB
    Still using a G200 PCI...

Comment

ooops... make that a 400MHz K6-2, and my G200 has 16 MB SDRAM...
      Still using a G200 PCI...

Comment

I'm happy too!
        Quake2 runs better and faster now than it did with the wrapper (until now this was the fastest ogl driver for my setup).
        Other small issues seem to have been fixed too.

------------------

G200 8MB, celeron333@416 on chaintech 6BTM

Comment

In a word - WHOOHOOO!!!!!!!

I purchased a G200 16M AGP a week ago with the intention of playing with opengl (only card to openly advertise OGL support in this price range).

Unfortunately I found that the card was a SD version (should've been here sooner to ask advice) and couldn't load PD4.51 (ie wouldn't support ICD . Matrox support replied with "will be out this summer" - and they weren't kidding !! <yes I have read about how long everyone has waited and do empathise - very glad I've just come into G200 possession and have not had to wait as long>

However - in the process of attempting to get ICDb2 working on my SD card (before PD5.13 landed).... <twilight music on> something happened <twilight music off> and my card would no longer boot - the dreaded lockup and then vga mode!

Many @#$%! later, multiple reboots, and finally two or three fresh installs of Windoze and still no results - sooo, off to the suppliers for testing. Several days pass.... someone will look at it soon.... more days pass.......................

Luckily, (after reading about the plight of others in this forum) I became impatient enough to go get my machine back and try reinstalling the bios (v2.3).

Did the bios, setup PD5.13 and you beauty! It works - no problems (didn't have early version to uninstall).

An opengl test program I had running software only mode at 13fps (AMDK6-2 450Mhz, 64SDRAM, ASUS P5A-B Ali Alladin V AGP) now rockets through at 85fps!! My cries have been answered

Thank you all for advice given - active and passive.

Now I just have to recover from the reinstalls - guess I can think of it as an unplanned defrag

Comment

Happy person here too, but the only thing that is bugging me are dynamic lights in GLQuake and GLQWCL. They don't work with ICDb2 or PD5. (Strangely enough, they work in NT OGL. Maybe NT OGL is based on ICDb1?) The only thing why I'm playing with such old game is Team Fortress. If you want to see some rainbows in action, type the following commands into autoexec.cfg: r_dynamic 1 ; gl_flashblend 0. Other minor issue in GLQuake is the busy icon, which will draw on desktop in window modes.

-Tumu, wanna OGL that'll do GLQuake's dynamic lights

Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
            64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
            Win98 finnish

Comment

Working...
            X