No announcement yet.

New Matrox G400 Max Release Date!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kenyee: poor gaming from the Permedia3? Since it was designed principally for design apps that isn't suprising.

surferpop: might be waiting awhile for nv10 since TNT2 Ultras are just hitting market in large numbers.

Helvetia: I agree. IF that is the release date it would be better to cancel the order and wait for the lower prices when it finally hits the streets.

neo: Hercules had the same problem with their Dynamite TNT card.

OrangeJulius: there is a lot of truth in that but it makes one less step in the future upgrading path that goes on forever

The 16M is even more economical

------------------
    Dean
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

Comment

Ant - I believe what Matrox actually said in their email to some pre-orders placed before June 11th (although not to me!!!) was that the "large" batch of G400MAX's were "entering the testing phase". Tests can fail.

Having said that, I agree that this is currently only a rumour, and that we should try to remain calm. Who knows, they may just be talking about retailer availability, due to high demand.

I'd be grateful for any confirmation of the order situation, as it would play havoc with my company's accounting (I'm an indie consultant)!

Tim

Comment

You know whats werid about this whole thing is that 9/9/99 is one of Y2K dates that you dont hear about often. the number 999 is a termanting code for certain programs from what I understand. What i don't understand is why would the G400, would be shipping late. the 16MB non-dual head is out there somewhere and I don't see why adding dual-head and another 16MB of RAM would make the manufactinging of the card so much more diffcut then it stands now..

Scott
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I also Phoned the Big M and the on-line store. They had no information concerning the retail release. They stated that the delivery would be 1.5-2 weeks on the 16/32 G400 and the end of July beginning of August for the MAX. Im pullin my card out for the 32meg G400........

------------------
          members.xoom.com/Trainwrecker/index.htm

[This message has been edited by LAMFDTK (edited 07-02-99).]

Comment

I gave in. I just ordered a G400 32MB Dual Head OEM card... I should have it tommorrow.

OH Well, better then nothing.

- DJ
            My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
            128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

hehe, Couldn't resist eh? I'm gonna try and hold out until the end of July and see if they hold up to there claim and then I'll go from there.

Dave
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

djroberts,

Where did you order your g400 32mb dual head from? Most places I've called either have the 32mb single head or the 16mb single head, no dual heads at all - enlighten me please! I wanna order one!

Also let us know if you actually got it in your hands tomorrow or not.

- Gurm
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Here's what my source has "confirmed" for me, Stating this came directly from Matrox. The G400 Max AND the G400 are now slated for 9/9/1999. This does NOT include Matrox's pre-order program prior to June 2, or whatever the date was... They also state that this is the case for all Internet based distributors and in no way could comment on popular retail stores like Compusa or Fry's Electronics. These dates could change, but it seems the only Rumour (Although a dangerous one) that I've heard is that the G400 Max in it's current form is vaporware, and we may (remember this is a rumour) get something in between the G400 and G400 Max performance wize when they are officially released. The reasoning behind that rumour comes from another one that basically states Matrox isn't able to get anywhere close to the yield or even stability with the current yield needed to mass produce the G400 Max.

PLEASE, note these are RUMOURS. I personally have no belief in them. The only thing I believe is the new release date which I was told came from Matrox. The fact that I haven't personally discussed this with Matrox makes it a Rumour as well. I hope we get our cards soon, because everything else on the market sucks right now as far as I'm concerned...

- DJ

Comment

Anyone know anybody that works at a Matrox manufacturing factory? Also does Matrox manufacture all the parts they use? Maybe a line somewhere didn't connect, missed shippings of components, etc.

Comment

Hey Guys - go for the normal G400, download the latest Pstrip and stick a fan on that babay, and Bob's your uncle! You (nearly) have a MAX!!

------------------
                      Cheers,
                      Steve
                      It's Only A Graphics Card!
                      (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

Ahhh, but how far can you overclock a MAX...?

Comment

Yes.. This is pathetic.
                          OK - research on the Neon250 coming right up.

Comment

I hate to tell you but Buy.com just confirmed the September relase date! I've include my Buy.com request and their answer below so that no-one thinks I'm perpetuating a rumor - needless to say I've canceled my Back order.

"I just placed an order earlier today for the Matrox Millenium G400MAX but have now been informed that the card may not be available till 9/9/1999! Is this true? If so, then I will have to cancel my order and order another card from you in the meantime. I cannot wait till September for a card I thought would be available at the end of this month. Please let me know if the 9/9 release date is official and I'll cancel my order and re-place an order with you for a different card. Thanks.

Answer:

The product will be available to ship early September. We cannot guarantee that we will have the product in stock. This is the ETA given to us by the manufacturer.Thank you for choosing BUY.COM"
                            "

Comment

I don't know about the retail ship dates for the MAX but I just called Matrox today to inquire about my pre-order which was ordered on June 21st. I am told the pre-orders are being shipped out in the order they were recieved and that orders after June 11th would ship by the end of July.

Man this is hard on me I want the MAX both for the 360mhz ramdac and the extra performance but meanwhile a local store has a retail G400 for $189 I could pick up today.

Comment

http://www.allstarshop.com/

I'm receiving Tuesday now, because the idiots sent it business overnight instead of priority overnight. If you order make sure you know your Fed Exs and UPS shipping info.

The have both single and dual head 32MB.

Anyone got an overclocking utility for the G400?

- DJ

Comment

Working...
                                X