Hows this look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows this look?

Nice Pass-thru cable eh? This could be pretty cool..
    Well Alienware has the solution, choose both! Now Alienware offers an exclusive technology that will allow you to have both an Nvidia TNT2 and a 3DFX Voodoo III, in the same system, at the same time. You are probably asking yourself how is Alienware getting two (2) 2D/3D video cards running in the same system. Alienware in cooperation with Metabyte have developed special drivers that essentially let you pick and choose what video card you want to use when playing the game of your choice. Essentially we have taken the robust, full-featured set that comes with Nvidia's TNT2 and the powerful performer that is the 3DFX Voodoo III and put them in one system.

http://www.alienware.com/html/pr_6-13-99.html

But WHY?
    Why do I want a V3 in my system when I have a G400? And if I had a TNT2, why would I want a V3 as well wasting a PCI slot and heating my house?

------------------
    Yeah, you know the score...
    (ICQ: 29468849)

Comment

Maybe this is as close to Dual Head support as you can get with nVidia and 3DFX cards? hehehe :-)

I think the marketing approach to this insane product was that you could achieve glide support while keeping your TNT2. Sounds like the marketing departments of companies I've worked for!

Personally, I'd rather use Creative's wrapper than an extra PCI card, but if some people have money burning a hole in their pocket...

Comment

I'd hate to police all the time but this stuff is more like why we have the General Hardware section in a first place, right?
        No wonder it's so quiet because threads like this end up here.

B

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 07-14-99).]

Comment

Thank you, Burri. Saves me from having to go all postal again like in "As Yoda said..."

------------------
          Holly

Who can now put her V2 in her roomie's new (in a way) K6-266 (be quiet, she doesn't play games! well, not like Half-Life, anyway, she's a bleem! kinda roomie) because now her [Soyo 5EMA, K6-2 333 not o/c, 256MB PC100 , Millennium G200 8MB SGRAM, Win98] works plenty good enough 'til she's saved the moolah for the G400/Athlon rig [drool, pant, drool... ]

[This message has been edited by motub (edited 07-14-99).]
          Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
          -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Working...
          X