Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad news for those who plan to get the G400 Max now!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news for those who plan to get the G400 Max now!!

Hi!

I am from Hong Kong. I had e-mailed Matrox and asked them when the G400 Max will release for the Distribution Channel.

I received a reply today. And this is what they said:

"The G400 MAX cards will be the last to hit the distribution channel with an ETA of around early September."

So the rumour that the G400 Max will release around the 9th September 1999 is true.

Fine! I have 2 choices now:

1) Cancel my order with my local distributor and get the G400 DualHead 32megs instead.

2) Cancel my order and get the TNT2 Ultra and get better OpenGL performance but loose out with Bump Mapping and DualHead.

What should I do?

I don't want to wait till September. It is not fair. I pre-ordered the G400 Max at the end of May from my local distributor in Hong Kong. I couldn't pre-order from Matrox's online store anyway since that was only for customers in US, Canada and Europe but not Asia.

Now those who pre-order from the online store will get their cards and the rest will get them around September.

Matrox has screwed up big time!!! They will ship their cards late will fall way short when Voodoo4 and NV10 releases around November.

Regards,
    Manoj Mahtani

Matrox has screwed up big time!!! They will ship their cards late will fall way short
    when Voodoo4 and NV10 releases around November.

Hey buddy these two cards you menton above don't even extist yet.3DFX hasn't even come out with the V3-3500 part yet..but its due "soon". The TNT2-Utlra cards are also in short supply (well at least the hercules one, which from what I've been reading is the best one out there overall with its o/c potental) and you can't get one till the first part of september much like the MAX.

As for those Future video cards I wouldn't expect them till late winter/spring at the eariest. I remember reading about the GXXX in march or so, in article about Matrox vs ATI. The first hard facts came out about a month or two later and the offical press release of the G400 and G400MAX back in may or so.

I guess the bottom line is this. You can wait all you want for the latest and greatest thing to come out, but you won't ever wind up with it in the computer busniess since of the high turn around with techongy!

Ugh just go away or get yourself a G400...

I'm getting tired of hearing people whine about this...its just a DAMN computer!

Scott

waiting on a G400MAX to show up at his door
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Cheer up, it's not the end of the world. The G400 32MB regular offers quite comparable performance to the MAX until you get to 1280+, do you have a monitor that even goes to 1280 and 1600?

For me, the MAX ain't worth it.. regular ole G400 does it all.

As far as your comment as to the NV10 and V4 being released in November, that's total horseshit. You'll never see them by Christmas, maybe an ANNOUNCEMENT or two, but I don't see them before March or April at earliest..

Let's not forget the next-gen Matrox card will be around this time next year.. (people are saying August/Sept 2000)

Comment

You only get to see what the Voodoo4 has by then. It won't be out until X-mas at the earliest...probably not until early next year.

You get to decide in a few weeks whether they are worth waiting for. In the meantime, you can get a G400 OEM 16MB or TNT card for under $100 to hold you over if you do wait. I might do that if the Voodoo4 is worth waiting for and Matrox hasn't filled the channel w/ the Max yet.

ken

Running an S3 Virge doing 17fps Q2 timedemos with a lot of patience...

Comment

Matrox have stated the September release date is not an official one from them. The MAX boards are already shipping into the retail channels.

Comment

Working...
          X