Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.13 OpenGL ICD Sucks

I have just installed the 5.13 PowerDesk

(after properly uninstalling the older drivers and removing all matrox related files and registry entries - manually and with the uninstall programm)

The Direct3D portion works pretty well (although Matrox has disabled 32 bit Z-buffer and polygon gap closing to speed things up in both D3D and OpenGL)

But the worst problem I have is in OpenGL:
    When I have played an OpenGL accelerated title (Quake2, Kingpin,...) and I have been playing it for about 15 minutes, the textures (or the light maps, I'm not sure) become sort of corrupted...

An example of this is this: in Quake2 sometimes the textures get red, green or blue lights on it...

another example: in Kingpin the textures of walls and characters sometimes become corrupt or wrong textures are used...

Is this a texture management problem of these new drivers? I didn't have these problems with the (slower) OpenGL ICD beta2

Is there someone out there with similar problems (I sure hope so!)

Bye and thanks!

Please contact me if u have a solution or similar problems: gert_s@hotmail.com

My system: PII 333MHz, 128 MB SD-Ram, Matrox Millenium G200 8 MB SGRam, SB-Live!, Asus P2B Mainboard

------------------
    -=PaRiTy=-
Working...
X