A question about the dual head feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about the dual head feature

I was wondering what you guys were using this for. I have a dualhead G400 but not a second monitor or a tv close by. Can you actually have two entirely different screens at the same time.How would this work in gaming? In WWII fighters could you have one set on your six and the other as your front view? If this is the case that's pretty damn cool. Just thought i'd ask. Thanks

Asus p2b(1009),P3 450, 128mb pc100,asus 50x,G400 DH,Ibm 10gb,SB live,mitsumi cdr,win 98
    Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

Yes - the Dual Head.
    DualClone - the second output is a copy of the primary output.
    DVDMAX - The secondary output displays any video (apart from QT) full screen when played on the primary display.
    DualZoom - the secondary display will display the contents of a user-defined box on the primary display, full screen. I.e. You draw a little box on the primary, and the secondary zooms in to display just the little box, but full screen
    (Can't remember what this one's called) - where the desktop is stretched across both screens to form one big desktop.

Now, if a piece of software is written specifically to take advantage of two displays, when in the last mode I described, they will use the two diplays - like in the new Microsoft's flightsim - you can have the cockpit displays on one screen, and a full screen view out the window on the other, or a map view or whatever. But the software has to be written to take advantage of it.

Cheers,

Steve

------------------
    Yeah, you know the score...
    (ICQ: 29468849)

Comment

Steve- How do you know what software is written for this feature. Does it say in the read me file or do you just need to try it out? Thanks
      Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

Comment

This would be quite a big feature and would say on the box I guess. Try talking to MAtrox and see if they'll tell you what software does/will support dual head in the near future.

Cheers,
        Steve

Comment

Working...
        X