No announcement yet.

Dont use insight UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried Dabs for the card? They may well stock it. I've had BIG problems with them lately - two orders were a couple of days late which meant that I had to drive to simply to get what I wanted. If you're not bothered about a couple of days, and if dabs say it's in they're OK.

------------------
    Yeah, you know the score...
    (ICQ: 29468849)

Comment

Dabs are OK - I used parts from them when I built my system.

I pre-ordered from Simply in June - and I don't want to lose my good chance at getting a G400MAX early.

Good job I never ordered from Matrox Direct - bleedin' expensive and slow delivery to the UK.

Comment

Ok thanks guys. I checked Dabs but they only had it listed as "New product" so I guess they don't have it either.
        Seems like the UK is just as slow as the Swedish retailers to get in the hottest and newest things.
        I checked with a distributor who said that the ETA of the G400 DH is August 11..hmm two weeks, I'll try to endure:-)

Comment

I bet we're looking at late August for first signs of the G400MAX from online retailers...

Comment

Yep trying to get the G400 32mb is like trying to find water in the desert at the moment.
            Scan are okay until something goes wrong then there tech support is SHIT. The company becomes deaf until you post the court papers to get your money back. Keep clear or if you do use them use a credit card get everything down in writing. If you don't you not covered
            (I'm quoting Barcley card on that).
            We use Tech Direct at the University I work at with no problems so far.
            SMC I sent an email asking what there returns procedure is and they rang back leaving a voicemail. So I've got them on tape if need be.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

SmilingCorpse - Scan have them, try www.scan.co.uk

Comment

Scan only have single-head versions.

Comment

Use Scan at your peril. Anyway got a g400 32mb single head from SMC yesterday and a new 19 inch monitor from insight at the same time. Yep they removed my credit card from the database.
                  Nice little play time last night. Managed to get even Tiger Woods golf (Looks great) running at a reasonable speed at 800x600 it crashed out 1028x768. Unreal looks shit but runs okay can anyone get it to run higher than 800x600 or am I stuck with that.
                  More time to play tonight!
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

All is forgiven Insight

Noticed they had 11 Dual-Head 32MB G400's in stock on Friday afternoon, so I ordered one, and recieved it Monday. To be tested on my new system tonight

-----------------------
                    Abit BE6, Celeron 300A@450MHz, 256MB PC100, G400 32MB Dual-Head , IBM 22GB HDD, SBLive Value, etc etc

[This message has been edited by Chris H (edited 08-03-99).]

Comment

...And the good thing is that Simply MAY have a few G400MAXs by tomorrow. 'Course they are all preordered...

I'm in there...

Comment

Well the G400 is okay but the monitor ain't so it's going back. The image is out of focus and colour imbalanced but there changing it tomorrow. Sorry Insight one bad mark you should have tested it before it went out.
                        Also the support number on the invoice was wrong two black marks.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ah, but the G400 more than makes up for it all, yes?

------------------
                          Cheers,
                          Steve

All sorts of crap in my messy PC underneath a messy desk.
                          (ICQ: 29468849)

Comment

I ordered the excellent Umax Astra USB scanner (1220u I think..)from Insight on a Sunday and received it the following Tuesday. But I also had good service from Tech Direct when I ordered a Soundblaster 64 Gold card and Iiyama A701 17" monitor (except the monitor went down in price by a fiver the next week - but it was still cheaper than anywhere else at the time....

Comment

The PIT,
                              If your monitor has a fault, isn't it supposed to be sorted by an on-site warranty from the manufacturer?

Comment

The last time I used Dabs was to order an HP JetEye (serial-to-IrDA adapter) for my desktop PC. They quoted 3 days, then 2 weeks, then admitted that they couldn't get hold of the product AT ALL.

Net result: 3 weeks down the drain.

No problems personally with either Insight (Choice) or Scan.

Comment

Working...
                                X