Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the lastest on the G400Max retail orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the lastest on the G400Max retail orders?

Last thing I heard was that www.pcstop.com was supposed get in their shipment last monday but from what I've been following on here that got pushed back a week to tommorow. Whats the lastest word with retail shipments of the MAX?

------------------
    Celeron 300A@464, Marvel-G200, V2 SLI, SB live!, 128mb RAM, Optiquest V95 19in montior
    icq# 5344800
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I ordered my MAX from PC Connection. Was number 3x on "da list", ordered in the first week of August. Price was $230. "Estimated" delivery date, first week of September, but I won't count on it.

I would suspect a revolution though if the folks that pre-ordered from Matrox did not get theirs before retail outlets did. I know I'd be UPSET if that were to happen to me. I have a G400 16MB OEM, so I'll be patient.

With the demand on this card so high, I'd be surprised to see [delivered] deep discounts at first.

Comment

I've had confirmed reports this weekend (from people who have actually bought them) that the MAX is on the shelves at least in Canada and Japan.

Comment

I said the six weeks is up and they said "um gee, well um, we are not up to your number (117xx) yet" then I said it sure would be ashame to see this card for sale at a retailers place, for less, before us loyal Matrox users get our preorder cards. and he said "gee well um we are producing the cards as fast as we can um and um we dont know how many will become available. you might be a couple of weeks." then i said well are you offer a discount or free overnight shipping on these cards when the do come in. and he said. Gosh, um, gee well um that would be um I dont know of any offer like that as of yet um. And I said well thank you for getting me my card as soon as possible and my name is not um.

Comment

Ant, could you please be more specific as to _what_ retail stores actually have MAXes in Canada?

Thanks!

Michael
          P2c-300a/450, 256MB PC125 SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus KA 18.2GB 7200rpm, Panasonic 7502B x4/x8 Ultra SCSI CD-R, Tekram DC-390U2W Ultra2Wide SCSI controller, Diamond MX300 (Vortex2), Matrox Millennium G400Max, 19" Hitachi SuperScan 752, Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel and some other fancy stuff

Comment

Ant:

Is your source reliable. What I mean is it really true that the Max is already available in Japan? If yes, then it will be available in Hong KOng very soon.

What is going on though? I am hearing differnt release dates from everyone!

Regards,
            Manoj Mahtani

Northwood 2.26ghz @ 3.0Ghz (air cooled!!)
            Asus P4T533
            512 megs PC 1066 - 32bit (Samsung)
            Matrox Parhelia (Retail)
            Seagate Cheetah 18Gigs 15K RPMs 8megs Cache SCSI (Drive C)
            Maxtor 36Gigs 10K RPMs 8megs Cache SCSI (Drive D)
            Adaptec 29160N SCSI Card
            Aopen 56x CDROM
            TDK 40x 12x 48x CDRW
            SB Audigy Platinum EX
            Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5700
            Samsung 22" SyncMaster 1200 NF (Flat Screen CRT Monitor)
            Lian-Li PC 70 Full Tower Case (7 fans in the case)
            Enermax 650W power supply Microsoft Office Keyboard
            Logitech Dual optical mouse
            Microsoft Windows XP
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consoles: Dreamcast, Playstation 2, XBox, Panasonic GameCube (DVD & VCD support)
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I gave up on the MAX myself. Insight Canada still says they'll have them by Aug 24th. I cancelled my order with them, and ordered a vanilla G400 32MB DH straight from matrox last thursday. It just arrived this morning. I guess I won't be getting any sleep tonight

Andrew
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

BuyNowComputers is now saying today (the 9th) for a MAX ship date. I'm sick of delays, so if stores in Canada and Japan get theirs, I think the US is line to get some retail MAXes.

Comment

Well, so far this is a rumour... There are no MAXes that I can see in retail chains here in Toronto, which is very much Canada

Unless Ant tells us which retail stores he was mentioning, it is also a very unconfirmed rumour
                  P2c-300a/450, 256MB PC125 SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus KA 18.2GB 7200rpm, Panasonic 7502B x4/x8 Ultra SCSI CD-R, Tekram DC-390U2W Ultra2Wide SCSI controller, Diamond MX300 (Vortex2), Matrox Millennium G400Max, 19" Hitachi SuperScan 752, Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel and some other fancy stuff

Comment

Working...
                  X