G400Max Order Status. Please Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max Order Status. Please Post

As being that my order number is 12750 and I am getting bored waiting. I am curious how much longer I have. Can everyone that has recieved their max or recieved notice of shipping please post your order number.
    Thanks

------------------
    "potentially the most totally out-to-lunch freaky head trip since Einstein postulated that space and time were, like, curved and shit."

Hi majestic12, I called Matrox on Friday. They said that they have a batch of cards(MAXs) waiting to be shipped out. The lady that I spoke with said that a card has been allocated for me(Order#:103xx) to be shipped. And that the cards that they currently have should be sent out no later than 30/07/99. The cards are shipped into Illinois(Midway??) and then distributed elsewere. So once your card ships, it could take a day or two to get to you. Hope this helps.

Dan
    System Specs...
    MSI MS-6309->Bios:1.3 Drivers:VIA AGP v4.03
    Intel PentiumIII 667MHz
    192MB PC100 SDRAM (1x128 Siemens & 1x64 Micron)
    Matrox MillG400MAX->Bios:1.6 Drivers:PD5.52
    Diamond MX300->Drivers: Aureal Reference 2048
    USR 56k ISA Modem
    Adaptec 2930c SCSI Host Adapter
    Imation 8x20 CD-R
    Imation LS-120
    Kenwood 72x TrueX CD-ROM
    WD 8.4G HDD (Win98) WD 6.4G HDD (BeOS 4.5.2)

Comment

It's very amazing to see that american people who have numbers like 10xxx or 105xxx for example are beeing considered in priority and ones who are european (what is europe??? where is it in the world???) who have numbers like EU-5x or EU-112 (it's me!!!) beeing considered like 2nd category clients. I mean I'm not even in the second batch, although I've ordered (and I'm not the only) on 06/06 and MAX anyway. You add the time for the card to go in Ireland, then in our country and we should get our card in the same time than the american who preorder in 07/15 (!!!)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MATROX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      It's the last time I pre-order at this shopping center!!!

Yop

[This message has been edited by Yop (edited 07-25-99).]

Comment

I have eu-84 (nothing heard yet)

I agree with yop.. what's the use of preordering, when people who order it LATER get the card earlier..

I was at my local store yesterday, and they had the normal G400DH32Mb in stock...
        i sure hope that i get my preordered MAX earlier than the store.... (and by that i mean ALOT earlier).

i think matrox when matrox makes 100 chips, they send 10 of them to europe... In normal retail sales i can understand that, but with ONLINE preordering they should send as much as ordered in a timeframe...

THANKS MATROX

D.

Comment

Yes and I'm near to cancel my order...

Yop

Comment

I too am getting impatient with Matrox.
            My order # is in the low 12000's. I call them every Monday & Friday to try and get any new information, and I am getting two different answers. I've been told "We just received a new batch of G400MAX's so you should receive yours by the end of July or first week of August" or "You placed your order on July 9th so due to the 5-6 week leadtime you should receive your order around August 16th or so." I am almost to the point of canceling my order and just ordering a plain vanilla OEM G400 32meg card.
            One thing that really makes me mad is that they have already charge my credit card for a order that I don't even have yet........ It seems to me that Matrox is having some kind of yield problem with the MAX. Can anyone that is closely related to Matrox shed some light on this?

Comment

I ordered at the 6th of June and i just received the e-mail that i will get my card next week !! (JIHAAAAAAAAAA)
              I live in vienna , austria , europe !
              (and we don´t have Kangaroos here ;-)

Comment

Great!!! what is your EU-number tombman?

Yop

Comment

double-post sorry!!!

[This message has been edited by Yop (edited 07-25-99).]

Comment

My order is in the 12000s too. I ordered around the first week of July. I really hope I get my MAX within the next week or two. Well, if the new date of August 2 is true for retailers and they actually get it on that day, I will probably cancel my order with Matrox and get it from one of them if I still did not receive my card by then. Its cheaper anyway.

Comment

I ordered on June, 3rd.
                      My order No. is EU-4x and I'm still waiting for any response from Matrox (besides charging my credit card, which happened immediately)

I' really wondering, how these guys distribute the cards. Looks like a lottery to me.

Tombman, you're a lucky guy, you ordered 3 days later than me and got your confirmation.
                      My card should go near Cologne, Germany.

Somewhat annoyed.
                      J.
                      You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Comment

Matrox mailed that my EU-28 (June 2) will be shipping from Dublin this week.

[This message has been edited by Scytale (edited 07-25-99).]
                        P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

I ordered on the 4th of June from Buy Now Computers and they said the 2nd of August was what they had heard from Matrox. I just hope Matrox can get those ****ing cards out the door and not keep me waiting any longer. I really want that card, but what's the point if I done get it until 3 months after I ordered it (it will be 2 months to the day I receieve the MAX if my palce get them on the 2nd)

Comment

I order a G400max last monday from a local store, and i received it friday... What's different is that I live 30 mins from Montreal, Quebec, Canada (where Matrox is located)

I understand them when they ship to US & Canada first, it's their first market..

Asus K7M, Athlon 500 (sometimes at 550), G400 32mb DH, SB Live! Value, Optiquest 17" V73, Western Digital Expert 13.6 7200rpm, Datatrain DC154 14", Yamaha 4416s, STB Tv Tuner, TekRam SCSI card, 128MB RAM, Cambrige PCworks 4pt surround, Lexmark 5700, SupraExpress 56k), RealTek ethernet card.

Comment

"I understand them when they ship to US & Canada first, it's their first market.."

and I say:
                              "I understand them when they CHARGE OUR CREDIT CARD AT THE SAME TIME FOR ALL, it's their WAY OF CONSIDERING EUROPEANS PEOPLE.."

I'm european, and I angry

Yop

Comment

Working...
                              X