No announcement yet.

G400Max Order Status. Please Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered a MAX for a graphics designer friend of mine on June 14 from www.mwave.com as part of a machine order that I built for him. Got everything except the MAX and built the machine for him (Dual PIII 450, 512 MB PC100 SDRAM, two 10 GB IBM HD, SB Live!, Toshiba 6X DVD) Website says August 2 so I should get it about a week later. Right now the machine has in a (cringe) Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM LOL. Still verry fast in studio max and photoshop and maya and bryce. I think i'll put a BeOS partition on in just for fun when the max comes. Which should be interesting to see if I get trhe grayscale driver or the real thing.

------------------
    Cracker_98
    K6-2 300
    96MB RAM
    10GB HD
    SB Live!
    Millennium G200 no OC

[size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

BuyNowcomputers said that they were getting them on the 9th of september not the 2nd of august Dman. You better check with them again.

I personally am getting pissed off at the production rate of these cards and have come to a conclusion to leave matrox and get the NV10 in 2 months since it'll take at least another month and a half till I get G400max card from matrox.

Comment

Ordered a MAX for a graphics designer friend of mine on June 14 from www.mwave.com as part of a machine order that I built for him. Got everything except the MAX and built the machine for him (Dual PIII 450, 512 MB PC100 SDRAM, two 10 GB IBM HD, SB Live!, Toshiba 6X DVD) Website says August 2 so I should get it about a week later. Right now the machine has in a (cringe) Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM LOL. Still verry fast in studio max and photoshop and maya and bryce. I think i'll put a BeOS partition on in just for fun when the max comes. Which should be interesting to see if I get trhe grayscale driver or the real thing.

------------------
        Cracker_98
        K6-2 300
        96MB RAM
        10GB HD
        SB Live!
        Millennium G200 no OC

[size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

------------------
          Cracker_99 :- VA503+, K6-2 300, 96 MB EDO DRAM, 10GB IBM HD, SB Live!, Millennium G200 AGP 8MB, AverMedia TV98, FPS 1000, 2 MS Sidewinder Gamepads, Aopen CRW9420 burner. To get 450 K6-III and Maxtor 7200 RPM 10 GB drive soon.

Comment

The more I'm waiting for this card, the more I'm getting BORED...
            Cancelling... Cancelling... is near...

Yop

Comment

double-double-poost-post...!

[This message has been edited by Yop (edited 07-27-99).]

Comment

I ordered my card from www.buy.com. It's $207 with shipping. The TNT2 there is 190, and if I had ordered that I'd have it a week ago, the G400Max just looks better...

------------------
                If you don't agree with me, you're probably wrong.

Comment

I ordered my Max card June 17th and was told today that it would NOT ship until Aug. 2nd, if then. My 6 weeks is up tomorrow the 29th. This is such poor PR for Matrox.....I do hope their Upper Mgmt. remembers this next time. The Matrox rep said she felt sure it would ship by Aug. 6th...It DAMN WELL BETTER.....THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!

Comment

well, I cancelled my order. The reason I did this becuase I called Matrox this morning and they weren't sure if I was going to get my card even next week, so that leads me to believe that most MAX's will come out around the same time and I will pay signifcantly less money for a card that i will not get much later. Now, just so everone understands, I did NOT cancel my order because i think Matrox sucks and I should punish them for it becuase I will still get a MAX just at a later time. The MAX will most definitely last in my computer for a solid year before I consider getting rid of it. This now gives me more money for my new Paintball gun

Order# 11674
                    Order Date: 6/27/99

Dave
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Please cancel all pre-orders below 12,000. YOU CAN GET THIS CARD FOR LESS MONEY! Go to www.pricewatch.com look at all the money you will save. Your cancelation will be the big stinger that these guys and girls in marketing deserve! TELL THEM YOUR NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE I WANT TO CANCEL MY ORDER. Dont' wait call them now call them tomorrow. Email them early email them often. Tell them "AS CONSUMERS WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAVE MONEY!"

This will push my card forward for shipping.
                      Thank You in advance for your cancelation.
                      REKamlias

------------------
                      p3 450 underclocked to p2 266 Mill2 pci card running @ VGA 16 colors ,I'm jusk kidding

Comment

Well I called yesterday and cancelled my
                        MAX order #124@@. I just got tired of waiting. Yes, I only placed my order 3 weeks ago, but from what I here the 5 to 6 week lead time that Matrox advertises is bogus.
                        And some of you guys that ordered before June 11th still haven't seen your MAX's yet.
                        So who knows what kind of schedule Matrox is shipping by.
                        I am still going to get a G400 MAX. Just not
                        from the Matrox Online Store. The "Mom&Pop" computer store up the street from me says they will have the MAX by the end of next week, and for less than what Matrox is asking for the card online.
                        I am still happy with Matrox pruducts, just not their P.R. Reps.......

Comment

Well, I preordered my Max also. I got it about when they said I would. I've actually had it since July 14. I just sent it back for an RMA because I could not get the damn thing to work on 3 different motherboards and a reformated hard drive!!! Belive me, if this delay will allow Matrox to build some decent drivers you're better off waiting. I would not wish the Hell I had trying to make that card work on anybody, even if they are from Europe (just kidding).

------------------
                          P2-400, 384MB,27gB, sblive, 3com ethernet, usr sportster 56K, yada, yada, yada g200 w/ monster 2 until max gets back...
                          PIII/850, 640MB, ASUS P3B-F,80GB+ of HD, G400MAX +12MB voodoo2, SB live!MP3, Cable Modem, etc...

Comment

I'd pre-order two g400 max 10 weeks ago.
                            I´m very piss off with matrox
                            The sales staff made a lot of mistakes, first they told me they were going to send me only one card, then they told "sorry it's just an error".
                            they told me two diferent things, Joan Ward said a thing, and Sylvain Masuri said another thing.
                            And finally,they are going to send the cards to an non-existant address.
                            Very well Matrox!!!!!
                            I will never ever buy a card again from you!!
                            I'd been buying online for some time, and never have the problems that I had with Matrox, and I will never recomend to any to buy from Matrox.
                            I think people will suffer much less problems buying Nvidia cards or 3DFX cards,these are companies with less history, but with more interest in his customers.
                            IF anyone of the guys here works in Matrox, please don't reply, as allways.

Comment

Opinion Time. I have been dealing with Matrox products for about the last 3 years and ever since the whole G200 fiasco I have witnessed more and more slips by Matrox as a company. Over and Over they have been making promises that they just can't keep. Does anyone know if there were org changes within matrox in the last year or so or is Matrox? Why can't Matrox kick nvidia and 3dfx's butts? They've been around longer haven't they? Maybe they need a major shakup. Don't get me wrong, I love the quality I have always gotten from Matrox products in the past, but it seems as if nvidia and 3dfx are either run better or just want it more. What the heck are they putting in the water up there in Canada?

------------------
                              "potentially the most totally out-to-lunch freaky head trip since Einstein postulated that space and time were, like, curved and shit."

Comment

I don't know what all you're problems are. I've been a quiet watcher of Matrox Users now for a few weeks and its always the same. I'm sure I'll get jumped on somehow for this one.

Everyone knew about the MAX it was pretty obvious that even if you had a backorder for a MAX it would not arrive exactly the day you were promised. Thats just the way it is. You all just Gee eachother up moaning and whinging but at the end of the day you must like Matrox or you wouldn't fall for it everytime. Surely you're not that stupid.(especially when some of you boast of an IQ of 135!!!) Most of the products that Matrox have brought out over the last few years have been delayed in one way or another but you keep on buying and liking them.

We all know that admitedly Matrox do at the end of the day manufacture good cards, and thats why we still buy them.

Comment

Working...
                                X