Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can any of you view page 2 of long threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can any of you view page 2 of long threads?

I get nothing on the long threads page 2 or 3 . I get all the adds and standard link stuff from this forum but none of the postings on the latter pages! any suggestions!?!

The first question obviously must be: Are you an IE or Netscape person? I'm NS4.5 and 4.61...and no problems here...

Wait, I'm wrong. I just tried to post to a thread that was apparently at the end of page 1. I was in another window, so I didn't see what happened, but when I came back, there was a (new) link to p2 that led to... just what you described. No post. When I tried to re-post, I got a message suggesting that I contact the site admin and tell (him) (he) had reached the end of (his) available disk space (!!!) and, btw, the msg. could not be posted.

Now I remember that I have gone to empty page 2s a couple of times, but I (ignoramus that I am) just figured it was sloppy coding-- the same way that an extra paragraph mark can give you an empty page in a Word doc.

I'm taking this to Site Feedback here:

forums.gagames.com/forums/Forum62/HTML/000045.html

Let's see what Ant has to say about it...

------------------
    the once and future motub

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 08-12-1999).]

Comment

IE5 user thanks and Netscape 4.61

Comment

http://forums.gagames.com/forums/For...ML/002377.html
        This Thread has 44 of the 56 postings on the 1st page's posting but the second page has The addvertizement the MURC banner The bottom border as all other postings but not a single line of member's postings. Does IE5 need a plugin for this bulletin board?

Comment

No I think it's just UBB going crazy again.

B

Comment

Some 2 page long threads work though... Come on gagames, sort your act out.

Comment

I think new threads work fine but the older ones that were there before the change don't.

Comment

Hunsow gets the prize.

Comment

Ant, doesn't just clicking the 'Update Threads' in the forum admin area fix it?

------------------
                  Cheers,
                  Steve

Comment

Why did they start splitting up the posts anyway? I liked it better when it all stayed on one page. I guess it might be slow for modem users, in that case I guess I can live with it. I've notice how pricey the high bandwidth connections are going to be in the UK. We've got it pretty good over here in Canada, an ADSL or cable link can be had for $39.95/month unlimited access. That's about £16.68/month.

Also, I miss having the posts displayed below the reply box. Maybe you could just display the last 5 posts or so...

Andrew
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Hey, agallag, I'll tell you what M Ragsdale (I think) told me:

Underneath the 'submit reply' and 'clear fields' buttons' and underneath the little HTML and UBB Code usage note, there's a link 'click here to view this topic again'. Clicking it opens the current thread in a new window for your viewing pleasure...

But really, is this fixable? or are we just going to let the problem solve itself..since eventually all the threads will be new....

Even if it means losing some of our deathless prose? ( d*mmit...! )

--------------------
                      the once and future motub

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 08-12-1999).]

Comment

OK i have the solution...its so simple
                        1> we never allow a posting to go to 25 threads
                        2> the we repost a new post with the identical name with the tag Page 2 at the end.
                        3> we drink a beer
                        4> we open another browser to view the first page
                        5> We mantain a browser to view our current page.
                        6> we drink another beer
                        7> we flame someone and have another beer
                        8> we open another browser
                        9> We all buy 21 inch monitors and tile our windoes so we can view 4 pages at once.
                        10> we get flamed in window 3 and we post a recipricating flame in window 4 while trying to be funny keeping up with the original post in window 1 while having a shot of rum and a beer.
                        11> we spill a beer in our open computer which has been open for umpteen weeks because we have been waiting on our g400max to come in and the smoke and sparks makes us forget that we even where on the forum in the first place.

ps i like it here and if they fix the page 2 problem we will all be under a new name because we will all get erased anyway. boy howdy a new name is what you should use in the flame baits anyhow.
                        just kidding

Comment

I ain't never noticed that there before. Thanks holly. It's not as good as it was, but it'll do for now

rekamlias, I like your idea better. After taking those steps (3,6,10...), I don't care about the missing features anymore

Andrew
                          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                          X