No announcement yet.

BE6 & G400 Max no go BX6R2 no problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BE6 & G400 Max no go BX6R2 no problems!

After struggling to find out how to get my Max to work on my newest mobo(BE6), I decided to try out other configs. Stuck it in my other sys (300A @ 450 BX6R2) and everything has been fine all night, even in OpenGL. I'm quite pleased with the performance and the quality is best I've seen yet. I'm beginning to wonder about these BE6's. Mine is definately from the first batch, and before I bad mouth it, I should see if a rplacement will cure all it's ailments. Anyways the mobo goes and the MAX stays put(fragged a buds hiney extra-easy tonight with the MAX on my side)

------------------
    C366@550 ABIT BE6 256MB PC133 Quantum KA18.2G and CR13.3G MATROX G400 MAX Mits DP900U
    C300A@450 ABIT BX6R2 256MB PC133 Quantum CR13.3G ATI RAGE FURY Mits DP900U

I too had a BE6 from the first batch, it just wouldn't be stable at all so I put my BX6r2 back in (didn't really need the DMA66 since I can't afford drives right now).

BUT... when building a machine for a friend last week, the newer BE6 we got was FINE.

Go figure.

Can you say quality control, boys & girls?
    - Ash

------------------
    Portions of this message may have been Copyright 1999, Jorden van der Elst. All rights (and lefts) reserved.
    ------------------------
    Specs? You want specs? Yeah. Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a twelve gauge double barreled Remington, S-Mart's top-of-the-line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop Smart. Shop S-mart. Ya got that?! Now I swear, the next one of you primates, even touches me...

Comment

Yeh I still love the BX6R2 and I'm hopin my supplier will either loan me another BE6 to try out or let me do the exchange thing back to a second BX6R2. The ATA66 thing really is uneccesary unless you've got a high speed raid array (not in my needs or budget I'm afraid) Now that my MAX is working great (Open GL's acceptable too!)I'm on my way to becoming a died in the wool Matrox fan. No other graphic card/company has brought this level of satisfaction on the second day of a brand new release! If things improve with OpenGL that's icing on the cake, but right now the OGL performance seems on par with the mature drivers of another card which will remain un-named (except maybe in my sig)

------------------
      C366@550 ABIT BE6 256MB PC133 Quantum KA18.2G and CR13.3G MATROX G400 MAX Mits DP900U
      C300A@450 ABIT BX6R2 256MB PC133 Quantum CR13.3G ATI RAGE FURY Mits DP900U

Comment

Working...
      X