Annoying PD5.x monitor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying PD5.x monitor problem

I've got a really annoying problem since installing Powerdesk 5.x version: the screen position shifts location between rebooting and waking up, ie. when my monitor (Eizo TX-C7S) wakes up out of standby, the screen position is shifted 1/3" to the right of it's position when Win98 is started.

Has anyone seen this before? I don't know what any of the adjustable settings in the resolution setup do. Could one of them fix this?

Thanks,
    Steve

No, there is no shifting as the monitor warms up. The reason I suspect the PD drivers is because how far the screen shifts is affected by whether or not I enable the Matrox Monitor settings.

Thanks,
    Steve

Comment

up

Comment

Ummm. What does that mean?

Comment

I have been having a similar problem with the G200 AGP card. The screen resolution changes "on the fly". It can happen after coming out of monitor power savings or when using the modem online. It does not matter somedays it is more frequent than others. This is my second G200 card the first one had the "locked bios". I am using the latest driver and bios on video and motherboard. I have just re-formatted the drive and installed Win98 and Via 4-1 driver and system seemed more stable but now is starting to act up once again. The screen will suddenly change larger and you have to adjust monitor setting then it will shrink back to original setting? I have had quite a bit of trouble with this card. I am concerned that this will eventually be detrimenental to the monitor.

Tyan S1590AT AMD300 USRobotics Courier and several other ISA cards.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 89fxrp (edited 08-23-1999).]

Comment

Working...
          X