Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My G400 is shipping. Mwuhahahahahehe!

Hey MURCers,

I bought my G400 32MB OEM SH from allstarshop.com on Thursday, when it was in stock. Well it took them till Friday to process the order so they kindly bumped my order to 2nd Day FedEx (from UPS Ground). So today my order shipped and I will have it in my grubby hands my Wednesday! Waahoo! Btw, it cost me $158 total. If anyone want a G400 Retail for cheap and doesnt waiting till around 9-9-99, hardwarestreet.com is charging only $155 + $4 UPS Ground. When I get my G400, im going to format and clean install Win98SE. What drivers should I pick up and anything else I should know before installing the G400? Im going to probably slap a Pentium fan on it too. I hear the new Powerstrip OCs the G400 well without any probs with the BIOS.

-The-Rev-

P.S. On Wednesday, I too can start giving some free Matrox tech support :P

Make sure that your Graphics card doesn't have any IRQ conflits with other pci devices such as modem, sound card. If that happens, you can try disabling second serial port and usb port in the BIOS so that you have additional IRQs. You can also assign a specific IRQ to AGP port so that other devices do not use it. Good luck.

Comment

Ah ok. Good idea. Should be here in a few hours. Yay! After I get the G400 up and running, im going to try t overclock it. I have a bunch of old Pentium fans. Should I just screw the fan right into the heatsink fins? Hope it fits alright. Can I (and should I) remove the heatsink, wipe clean, and apply heatsink grease?

Thanks,
      -The-Rev-

Comment

Hi Rev,

Thats all I did, put it on existing heat sink but you have a few options.

Derek

------------------
        Intel P2-400@448 (112), Asus P2B (1008), G400 SH 32meg OEM, 128 cas 3 PC100, WD 6.4HD, Sb Live value, KDS AV7T, Memorex 48x, Iomega Int. Zip, USR 56k V90, Yamaha YST-M15, Teac 3.5.

Comment

DK: We have a similar setup going, but mine is a Celeron 300A @ 450 (466 when I feel like it . I was wondering if you used 3d Mark MAX/Pro to bench your G400 32MB SH. Im just looking to see if my card is performing as it should be. I haven't OCed it yet.

-The-Rev-

Comment

Working...
          X