Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check out this page on the microsoft site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this page on the microsoft site...

Microsoft Support

Modify URL to suit
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

don't **** with this, they might take it down! I think this is very good, let's giv'em a chance ya?

Cheers!

Comment

Yeah. Its fun to look at, but people have to understand that MicroSoft might be swamped with thousands of emails to people just trying to help. So go ahead and check out the page, just please dont fill it out and send! Hopefully MS is filtering what makes it to their POP3 mail so that these annoying emails wont make it there. I bet they'll be making their CGI variables hidden soon or go about ways that will make it harder to tamper with. Leason learned for Microsoft.

Another cool link: www.windows2000test.com
      MS put up a box running Win2000 and want people to try to defeat its security to help them make Win2000 safe as possible. Good move.

-The-Rev-

Comment

Yeah and I too tried to hack it

anyway, hackers have managed to get that site down for hours every now and then, because of all the exploits in windows2000.

BWHAAAHAHAHAAA

Now it's behind a proxy/firewall and the only thing get'n through is port 80...

BWHAAAHAHAHAAA

Hope this wasn't too annoying ¦ )

Cheers

Comment

When was Windows2000Test.com's security circumevented? I check their site and I don't see any mention of it in the Status page. Link me to it where you heard of it being cracked.

Comment

So far it's only come down for reasons outside of Microsoft's control (according to microsoft of course ). The biggest one was when one of their routers was struck by lightning, cutting it off from the outside world. The server itself didn't go down though. I don't think it's been successfully hacked yet. Of course that's pretty tough considering the firewall
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Where did you read that it is behind a firewall?

. For this testing, we are intentionally not putting these machines behind a firewall.

Also, check out the status page - someone may have cracked it today!!

------------------
              Cheers,
              Steve

My PC houses one of these things which seems to affect some people's lives far too much...

Comment

Just read the status. We'll hear if someone got the password soon. I too thought they weren't putting it behind a firewall.

-The-Rev-

Comment

I've been looking everywhere for the news report I read a while back about the firewall thing. I'll keep looking...

Comment

Here's the one about the lightning strike, still can't find anything about the firewall. Maybe I dreamt it
                    http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,40185,00.html

Comment

No, I too read somewhere about the firewall thingie. It was this guy who didn't like that micro$oft was lying all the time and they had made themself look really stupid many times cus of the server being down so much cus of the exploits in the system.
                      The switch being struck by lightning is maco bullshit according to him.

So I belive myself too. Just look at the resent JAVA exploit; visit an evil homepage and this appears in your autoexec.bat: "deltree /y c:\*.* >nul"

tihi ¦ )

Damn where is that article.... can't find it in my history(tm)

Cheers,
                      Fish.

Comment

to the new forum

Comment

Working...
                        X