g400max and descent3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g400max and descent3

Have anyone of you timedemo-ed descent3 with the g400max ??
    Please make this test : 1600*1200*32bit , secret2 demo , command line parameters in misc. folder (enter the setup folder at startup) -fastdemo -z32bit -bumped
    (you need the newest patch for descent3 for bump mapping support ..btw . IT LOOKS SO COOL !)
    Turn everything on if you see any quality options in the menus and then hit the view demo button , choose secret2 demo (it is the only one there ) .
    Now comes the important thing : when the demo starts hit F2 key quickly to ensure it is running at 32 bit , because it always defaults to 16 bit !
    Leave the menus and let the timedemo finish .

I have good news for you , the 100Hz/60Hz problem seems to be a problem of 3dmark99max and NOT of the g400 drivers THOUGH even in descent3 there is a minimal slowdown the higher the refreshrate gets but not that high as in 3dmark !
    Opengl seems nearly unaffected by 100Hz/60hz problems .

p.s.: since you all like to bash tom ... i like his tests very much and i think that he was NEVER wrong .
    (his first q3 numbers were all wrong due to the boken timedemo feature in pre 1.06 versions of q3test BUT the ratios were right !)
    And the tnt2ultra is STILL the fasted in q3 !
    (and not just a few fps but clearly !)

Deprived,

Glad to see you're enjoying the Max now.
    I don't bash Tom, I just don't think he's 100% correct sometimes with his reviews.
    He was burned a few months ago for that.

Derek

------------------
    Intel P2-400@448 (112), Asus P2B (1008), G400 SH 32meg OEM, 128 cas 3 PC100, WD 6.4HD, Sb Live value, KDS AV7T, Memorex 48x, Iomega Int. Zip, USR 56k V90, Yamaha YST-M15, Teac 3.5.

Comment

And where may this descent 3 patch be allocated? I've searched and searched but I've only found a D3Demo311Patch, respectively for the demo... or is that one for the complete game to?

give me a link or something

Comment

There is no "special" bumpmapping patch but the actual patch for descent3 retail will do the thing .
        There is an autoupdate option in decent3 that you can use for upgrading to the newest version .

Comment

thank you never noticed that one...

But! (no, not butt)

It says No Update Necessary, Your Descent 3 version 1.0.0 is currently up to date

In the upper right corner it also says "Your Version: 1.0.0, Latest Version 1.0.0)

Eh wassup with this heh?
          I have the CD Version 1.0 English! Bought in Norway though... I'll try some internettgaming also and see what the servers say (!)
          Or maybe the 1.0.0 do have bumpsss ¦ )

Cheers,
          Fish.

Comment

Deprived...! ????? thats realy you ?....I hope, U dont flame us again..

nice 2 cya

BORG ex SPIDER!

PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

dont knowe Deprived if Ant bened me, ...but after the latest server problems I loose my old USERNAME ...I send a mail to ANT but newer recived any replay ...mabe hi is to busy....

here we are again...

bye !

PS: G400MAX is not SOOOOSLOOOW afterall
              PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Hehe, what has happened to spider ?
                Did ant strike again ?

Comment

yeah yeh but it still don't wanto upgrade Descent 3! Is that patch only for the demo or is the patch only for amerikan users? what?!

Cherio

Comment

to the new forum

Comment

Working...
                    X