G400Max with V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max with V2

I have Max on order that will go in a new system I am building in the next few weeks. In my present system I have two CL VooDoo2 boards in SLI. If I decide to put both the Max and the VooDoo2 boards in the new system, is there anything special needed to make the Max and V2 work within the same system? Is there a utility needed to direct which one will work with the game I am playing? In Starsiege and some other games it is possible to select what is suspose to be used. If I select V2 in the game options, will that be all that is needed?
    Thanks for any assistance

Yes you can almost always choose what you wanto use (v2s direct 3d, v2s glide, v2s opengl, max' direct 3d and max' opengl. if the game support all those modes, that is...)

Comment

So it may be as simple as just selecting what I want within the game set up. I thought perhaps the MAX and V2 would both attempt to work at the same time. I had read of a utility that will define which card to use, but have not run across it yet. Anyone heard of or know where the utility would be available?

Comment

I'm pretty sure there is a utility to do that, but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. It's a little systray icon that lets you select the active card. If I can remember the name, I'll report back.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

i think what you need is 3D control center
          or glideswitcher

both can be found at: http://www.3dfiles.com/utility/

enjoy
          Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Onto the new forum.

Joel
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

up

Comment

Working...
              X