new D3D drivers suck aswell!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new D3D drivers suck aswell!

I just ran Re_Volt after I installed the new drivers, and really, i don't know what is going on at Matrox, but newer drivers are supposed to improve on the previous ones...
    When I select "anti-alaising" the screen now becomes all garbled (the text turns green and unreadable). Also, i have noticed a definate drop in frame rate. Last night when i was playing Re-Volt, I had both Ansioptropic filtering, and Anti-alaising turned on and could pay at 1024x768x32 fine. Now, at that resolution with both the above mentioned options turned *off*, I get an even lower frame rate! which makes playing at that rez unplayable. This is quite unacceptable...

My computer shop tells me the MAX's don't come in till mid-end of September (i have an 32Mb G400 OEM now, which i will trade in).
    With the GeForce256 supposedly appearing at the end of Sept/start of Oct. , I see no point in getting the MAX. Think i prefer a 4th gen card to a 3rd...especially when Matrox continually stuffs up the drivers...

What a Re_Volt-in' development! Hah! Sometimes I'm so clever (patting myself on the back)

Bill

------------------
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

I noticed that exact problem (the antialiasing one) in the Re-Volt demo, so it's not just you. It also still freezes on me randomly.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
      X