5.21 Driver UPS and downs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.21 Driver UPS and downs

After a thourough uninstall following Matrox Tech Support Driver Uninstall procedures, I have problems I did not have before with the new driver release.

I lost frame 10 FPS in Quake II, but Forsaken is OK, and my desktop icons scatter like leaves in the wind upon boot up or going back to desktop after game. Tried enabling/disabling remember icon positions, no joy either way.

But the new drivers did allow me to enable my ECC memory in BIOS on my ASUS P2B-LS and not crash in OGL app's, like Quake II and 3D Studio MAX R2 did before.

Someone posted this icon problem before on this forum, but I cannot remember who.
    MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
    Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
    512MB regular Crucial PC2100
    Matrox P
    X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
    LianLiPC70

I get slightly lower 3DMark99 scores and loose 8fps in Quake2. No further problems so far, but my AGP2X+busmastering problem is still alive and kicking.

Ever get that feeling that you will be going back to 5.13? I do.
    P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Well I've mentioned it and the latest driver seemed to have fixed the mind of your icons. The only thing I noticed that is strange that the screen now goes blank for a few seconds after the windoze logo before going to the logon screen where prevously it went striaght in.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I didn't notice that, PIT #1. Maybe it's the AGP mode detection? Maybe you had it forced before and are now using autodetect???
        P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

I lost 8-9 fps in quakeII, damn
          And that with a g200

[This message has been edited by Captain (edited 09-01-1999).]

Comment

When I first get to the desktop, the icons are all neatly arranged, then its like rats leaving a sinking ship....all over the place on a horizontal plane.

Used Windows "auto arrange" to keep them little buggers from escaping. Locked down now.

Is it me or does Quake II look alot better though?
            Matrox P
            LianLiPC70

Comment

That icon thingie could be a little joke from Matrox, I'm not to cerious about my desktop and would find a rat-race quite funny

[This message has been edited by tish beta2 (edited 09-02-1999).]

Comment

SCompRacer, I think you're still awed by the sheer eye candy generated by the G400. Just had a look but didn't notice any changes, except for the first line of the display showing random data again, only at the console though.

No icon problems here. Maybe because I saved icon positions with 5.13 before?
                You're not the only one having this problem though, I think someone else just posted this too.

[This message has been edited by Scytale (edited 09-01-1999).]

Comment

Scytale,

That could be, work midnights and never seem to sleep enough. Eyes wide open today though I guess!

tish beta2,

I can see and identify with that, sort of a twisted, sick, sense of humor. Better than the do-10-things-in-windows to open an easter egg, eh?

Scytale, one more thing, could it be the P III 500 I upgraded to making things look better?

[This message has been edited by SCompRacer (edited 09-01-1999).]

[This message has been edited by SCompRacer (edited 09-01-1999).]
                  Matrox P
                  LianLiPC70

Comment

And what a day it is to wake up

And whoo... you upgraded! Great, you picked the right time for a P3 500.
                    Per frame quality will not have changed, but things will look more fluent now so that just might be the explanation.

Comment

Vsync is enabeld now... the fps is the same as 5.13 sorry

Comment

Working...
                      X