DVD Problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Problem.

Got an interesting situation here. When using Matrox's DVD Player for the G400, I get corrupted (green spots paralleled all over the dvd movie area) and totally jittery. This happens with any dvd, bob or weave selected, any driver revision (5.11, 5.13, 5.21)

Other software dvd'ers play jittery also, just no graphics corruption.
    (xing, powerdvd)

Here's my system for ya to pick apart if you want.

K6-2 450
    256 mb PC100 Ram
    Asus P5A (agp1x, 32mb arpeture(tried different ones, frame buffer and agp turbo off)
    G400 32mb Dualhead
    Sb Live! Full
    Wisecom PCI 10/100 Ethernet
    Modem Blaster 56k ISA
    IBM 8.4 / Maxtor 8.4 UDMA (dma on for both)
    A-Open (Pioneer) Dvd Drive 6x/32x (dma on, tried off already)
    Creative 4x2x24 Cdrw (dma off)

help me?
    Sincerely,
    VanGuardian1
    vanguard@millenicom.com

I've steered as clear as possible from SS7, so I don't know what chipset your board uses. But have you got the latest via/ali drivers installed?
    Are you sharing an IRQs with the g400 and something else?
    Is the DVD drive all on its own on the 2nd IDE channel?
    Are you running anything in the background? (SETI@Home?)
    Tried changing resolutions/colour depths?

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

Comment

My board is based on the Ali5 chipset. The problem is, that the hardware acceleration doesn't seem to be working correctly...any thoughts?

Comment

Anyone got ANY ideas? When I switched to an older agp (1.53 instead of 1.60)driver, it totally choppy like before, but I still had the same graphics corruption.....

Comment

Excuse me, it was a little less choppy, I'm tired, ok?!?!?!?

Comment

Hi. I have a K6 2 450 as well, and I am afraid there is no way to have decent DVD. There seems to be no motion compensation in G400, it has minor tricks like subpicture blending and scaling.

The bes I have found is to set in regedit the key (look for "Software Cinemaster", under key 0.9/videodecoder/PerformanceClass, set this to "0"). you get a blurry picture that does not jitter, and the processor and G400 even have enough time to code in the subtitles, in case you need to see them. (although the picture problems you have are something I have not encountered. they may disappear, though when the processor is not to busy after this trick).

So. If there is better ss7 DVD player, plesae tell me as well. I have, however, lost hope, but my Athlon should be here in 2 weeks...

M.
            year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

Ali's AGP....as soon as I tossed it into a celeron (and got my aopen/pioneer dvd drive to work on it, that only took 1/2 hour) it worked fine, there's something wrong with the way the g400 decodes dvd and the ali chipset itself (agp implementation is fast and hadn't gave me any problems though).

Looks like even more reason for me to get that Athlon =)

Comment

Working...
              X