somebody-explain-my-low-scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somebody-explain-my-low-scores

No I do not care that much about 10 points up or down in 3Dmark but isn't a score of 3700 weird @ 800x600 resolution with a MAX? I just installed the latest (5.21) drivers... all i can think of that might affect performance is the fact that I have ECC memory and a 440GX chipset...
    oh well....

------------------
    PC Power and Cooling Seluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.
    PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Well I'm really just posting this to get my member status back, but seems that Matrox screwed up on the 5.21's. The GL code seceeded from the rest of the driver and began to speak French, all the while throwing croissants at the Premiere.

I think.

------------------
    ------------------
    Ami Y. Koriuchi - foxyviolet@hotmail.com
    Asus P2B 1010 - P3-500
    256MB 6NS
    70 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW style.

I sure do like robots.
    -----
    ---
    Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
    Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
    1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
    200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
    Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
    768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

"foxyviolet". Ooooooh. I think i'm in love

Comment

GD, I also just installed a MAX and the 5.21 driver, I couldn't run selecting the "Millenium G400 DH MAX" driver. I had to use the "Millennium G400 DH" driver. In fact I would on re-boot get a message saying the MAX driver (I mention above) wasn't the right driver for the adapter I had in my machine. Did you get to use the MAX driver ??? I just ran 3DMark99 MAX at 800/600 16 bit and got a score of 3505 3DMarks...manny

Celeron 400 O/C 450, 128mb, BH6 Mobo

Comment

Hi Manny. You're lucky to even be able to see the Max listed. When I installed the drivers, it only displayed the G400 AGP and G400 AGP DH options. In other words, practically every option BUT the Max. No probs though, even though I used the G400 32 MB DH (like you). It appears that the drivers don't directly affect the clock rate (checked using both the PowerStrip GX tool, and the MGATweak utility).

My framerates in OGL did drop though, at least as far a Q3 goes. For now I'm just keeping an eye out here in the Forum and elsewhere for any info on why the latest drivers are causing a drop on so many different systems.

FWIW- Another post (not necessarily in this Topic) mentioned that their screen now goes black on booot for an instant between the Windows loading background and the desktop with the new drivers, where it didn't before. I've noticed the same thing. Again, this doesn't appear to be causing any probs, just different is all.

Later.

------------------
          Ace
          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
          Gainward Ti4600
          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Ooh, I got competition now, then smiff?

Comment

Naw steev no competition at least not from the new guy. But have you seen Ash's pants lately? Aiee!

There I go ruining another perfectly good thread

Anyways this 5.21 stuff doesn't apply to me since i'm still stuck witha G200 and it runs faster now than ever, ogl or d3d.

And by the time I get one of these things, v9 or so will be out.
              Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
              Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
              1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
              200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
              Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
              768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

I'm glad we have <a href="http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/drvsugg.htm">this</a>.

_
                B

Comment

GD which version 3d mark are you using?
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Fizzy, what did I ever do to deserve such bashing? My pants indeed! I have never heard such ridicu...
                    looks at pants
                    oh dear... hehe... err... umm... nevermind.

- Gurm nee Ash

------------------
                    G. U. R. M. It's not hard to spell, is it? Then don't screw it up!
                    The word "Gurm" is in no way Copyright 1999 Jorden van der Elst.

[This message has been edited by Gurm (edited 09-03-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Gurm (edited 09-03-1999).]
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

Hi!

Thanx for the feedback everyone...
                      I'm using the latest everything. I've got 3DMark 99 MAX.
                      Anyway after formating and reinstalling everything, i would get 3850@800x600. Now that I've installed more software the result drops...
                      Anyway these are results with vSynch enabled, although this hardly affects 3Dmark scores.
                      I also experience weird lock ups in games. Before formatting expendable would lock up always at the same spot. After the 1st format there were no problems at all. But at the 2nd format (I had to keep nearly 15 dll files during windows installation due to a faulty cd which caused a distorted GUI so I had to format again) the lockups are back again always at the same spot.
                      Now it even lock ups in 3dMark. I opened the case and touched the MAX's heatsink which could hardly be described even as "warm".

I'm hopeless at everything :-)
                      PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

So how do we even get to the 4000 mark or above in 3dmark? the best I can do is 3750 with my g400 32 vanilla. I just did dl the mga tools to do some overclocking later I hope to finally hit the 4000 mark

------------------
                        Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts
                        Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts

Comment

you will get 4000 since I get the same with you having a MAX

Maybe it's that GX chipset and ECC memory...
                          Or is it just my being unlucky?
                          I consider the second one more possible :-)

Comment

Just remember guys and gals.. With Guyvers bio enhancements, his protrusions get bigger and bigger just thinking about it... Doh! I guess that applies to most of us....

Now this thread is really wrecked....

Way to go SC & PH trying to outdo Jorden and Motub?
                            Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
                            - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
                            - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
                            - 6.1 Digital Audio
                            - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
                            - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
                            - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
                            - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
                            - LS120 IDE Floppy
                            - Zip 100 IDE
                            - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
                            - NEC FE950
                            - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

R-U-Ready,

That's interesting, as I've hit 4150 with my G200.... (Seriously OC'd though)

------------------
                              Hmmm.. Well, we'll just leave it like this for a while, shan't we?
                              Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
                              - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
                              - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
                              - 6.1 Digital Audio
                              - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
                              - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
                              - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
                              - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
                              - LS120 IDE Floppy
                              - Zip 100 IDE
                              - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
                              - NEC FE950
                              - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Working...
                              X