No announcement yet.

somebody-explain-my-low-scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so what does it take to hit 4500 or even 5000?

cel 450a
    128mg pc100
    ata66 quantum fireball ka
    g400 32 vanilla
    mx300

------------------
    Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts

Comment

what exactly are the most ideal settings for the highest possible scores. I have a little competition with a TNT owner who is currently winning and I know that its just some settings or something I need to change to finally beat him.

------------------

Comment

Guyver - I can only try... their's (Jord's & Hol's) is much more mushy though...

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

Comment

ERm, back to the topic - 'R-U-Ready' - you'll need a PIII to get the silly high scored I think.

I get 4400 on my PII-333 @ 500Mhz with a plain G400 32mb DH running at MAX speeds. And that's with vsync on.

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

[This message has been edited by SteveC (edited 09-03-1999).]

Comment

Hmm, I've hit 5200 with my MAX but then again, I have a P3-550...

Comment

guyver.... your result is @ 800x600?
              My highest score with a millenium G200 was 3108... it overclocked awfully though... it was a rev A...

PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

SteveC

Your still beating me by 650 marks? There has to be something im doing wrong. Is overclocking the g400 gonna put me up that high or should it do that without o/c? I know you are running 50 more mhz than me but does that make that substantial of a difference?

------------------

Comment

The driver (MAX or not) makes no difference to the speed. They are they same card, just clocked differently, and that is not up to the drivers to control. I would just use the normal G400 DualHead drivers.

Back to the ruining of the thread:
                  Ami - what are you doing looking at Ash's pants? Here's where the action is...
                  And I have no competition from smiff? Cool. She's outta your league smiffy, you hear that?

------------------
                  Cheers,
                  Steve

Comment

R-u-Ready : Nice sig

Guyver: Don't have to try. I just do. And

Ash: I was complementing your pants but now that you're wearing cordoroy bell-bottoms, ehhhh.

-- Anyways. Im on a mission here. I'm going to try to find a MAX this weekend. (riiight)
                    .. On my system, theoretically, it should show some pretty good BM's (That's benchmarks, sicko)

R-U-Ready: -do- you have vsync on? Personally, I think that the want for framerates higher than your refresh rate is kind of silly anyways but if you're just trying to push things through the chip and clock it, welluh, go for it. Have you tried the tweak utils here on the MURC?

.. As for overclocking, yeah yall gonna bash me but I've found that it's crap. Yeah. crap. I've noticed a 2-3 fps increase on o/cing my g200 and on some ops it'd actually suffer. Maybe bad mem, but i've always kind of never believed in overclocking these things - Intel may slow down their products but I don't see any reason why Matrox would.

i.e., "These things can run 50mhz higher but let's slow 'em down so that our competitors have an edge" ... nah.

*fIz

------------------
                    ------------------
                    Ami Y. Koriuchi - foxyviolet@hotmail.com
                    Asus P2B 1010 - P3-500
                    256MB 6NS
                    70 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW style.

I sure do like robots.
                    -----
                    ---
                    Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
                    Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
                    1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
                    200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
                    Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
                    768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

Well I am running a G400 DH 32M at 198MHz/148MHz and am getting scores of about 5600 on my P3-560.
                      One of the very few reasons I bought the G400 instead of a Diamond Viper 770 Ultra was because only the Matrox drivers allow me to center and size the picture properly on my analog(!!) 20" monitor....(i'm trying not to kick myself here)

Comment

siming, i hope you mean analog(!!) controls, because if you're hooking your matrox up to a 20-inch CGA monitor well, your benchmarks aren't gonna be the only thing suffering.

------------------
                        Ami Y. Koriuchi - foxyviolet@hotmail.com
                        Asus P2B 1010 - P3-500
                        256MB 6NS
                        70 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW style.

I sure do like robots.

SYSTEM1
                        1024 MB PC2100 DDR -

SYSTEM2

Comment

Ummm, a CGA monitor is DIGITAL and the S(U)VGA ones are analog. It has something to do with the fact that analog can display limitlless number of colors while CGA did only 4.

Comment

I'm pretty sure CGA is analog like an old clock... I remember people hooking there CGA monitors to an MSX with only a different connector. MSX only had analog output, but has many more than 4 colours.

[This message has been edited by Randy Simons (edited 09-04-1999).]

Comment

No, that was my point. CGA -is- digital. He said analog(!!) as if it were unusual for him to have an analog monitor. I said he -better- have an analog monitor or something's wrong

and, nah, CGA was definitely digital. It could do more than 4 colors on the monitor hardware level, sure, but not much more.

SYSTEM1
                              1024 MB PC2100 DDR -

SYSTEM2

Comment

Working...
                              X