comp usa sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comp usa sucks!

comp usa sucks i called them 3 times was placed on hold or the dam phone would ring for 20 min to an hour then when they finaly pick up they hang up on me. i think that they don't like customers. all i want is to find out if thse idiots have some dam printer memory for my hp laserjet 4 how hard is that.

well now that thats over with. i like the new pd 5.21 opengl icd becuase it works on my system before with 5.13 /5.15 halflife would crash all the dam time. i allways thought this was related to me messing up my own open gl.dll and other files this dose not seem to be the case. open gl works now on my system. got to try that texture sort thing see if i can get the speed up.

------------------
    I think I need help. I'm not sure what do you think, do I need help?
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

CompUSA also has stopped carrying matrox products permanently. (Best Buy claims they have too, but they just stock from Ingram Micro as a distributor, and Ingram carries Matrox, so that may not be true).

I've tried to return things at CompUSA, and they'll tell me stuff like, "uh oh. We have a problem" ... "what." "Well the bvasbjajef driver is missing." "No it isn't, shut up and give me my d*mn money back" ...

They're sleazes, really they are, but so is any retail store. CompUSA, Best Buy, MicroCenter (MicroCenter still sells 500mhz P3 chips for $899!!! idiots.) - none of them are "real good folks". So yeah, it's to be expected.

------------------
    ------------------
    Ami Y. Koriuchi - foxyviolet@hotmail.com
    Asus P2B 1010 - P3-500
    256MB 6NS
    70 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW style.

I sure do like robots.
    -----
    ---
    Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
    Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
    1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
    200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
    Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
    768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

BTW, HP4 printers take standard 72-pin simms.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Well, they are good for some things...last fall when I built my Intel setup, the BIOS that came on the Motherboard did not support my Celeron, so I 'bought' a PII 300 (For $750!!!!), took it home, flashed my BIOS to work with the Celery, and took the PII back. Not afraid to admit it...those guys have got a good chunk of my money over the years.

Comment

Yep. If you really look at what they do, they stock only the stuff they can make good margin on, and push that. Can you believe $20 for a 7ft twisted pair CAT5 ethernet cable? I buy this wire in bulk for $50 for 1000ft (put away that calculator, it's 5 cents a foot!), and the ends certainly don't cost much.

Also, if it's something you really need, invariably they don't have it. I went there looking for BNC cables for my Sony monitor. Nope! Fan accessories? Nope! Anything Matrox? Nope!

Whatever you do, don't buy software from them. They really rape you there. No, I think I've learned my lesson.

------------------
          Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

i recently purchased a 4x's cdrw and it lastest 18 days
            i had receipt and all the stuff was in the new looking box they would not let me exchange i had to send it to california still not back yet!i know best buy offers the same 14 day warranty but if your stuff is in order and its a bad product they usually let you exchange

Comment

agallag, close. i tryed regular simms. they don't work you can use regular 2x32 70 ns or slower simms in the hp laserjet 4m or higher. but in the original series 4 you are stuck useing 2x36 pairty sims. 70ns or slower. anything faster and the dam printer fails to use them. i did find some of those local. but everyone wants 40.00 or more around here. i ended up ordering them from coast to cost memory (www.coastmemory.com) out of nj. 3 8meg pars for 25.00 total +13.oo for fedx overnight air.) they are referbed chips but hey its a printer who gives a shit as long as they work. its not like you can overclock a laser printer. (or can you ya lets get some fans and reve up the printer port. maybe i can get 15 ppm out of it. instead of 10ppm.) the last overclocking statement was ment as a joke. in case you even remotly think i was serius.

------------------
              msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel

Comment

<font face="Arial Black"><strong>Why is there always a COMP-USA sucks thread on every
                Message board? <font color="#FF8080">So what if Compusa sucks ! </font></strong></font></p>

------------------
                PIII-450, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!, Nokia 447Xi 17",

Comment

comp usa where i live has been good about takeing stuff back from me. i haven't had a problem with that yet. they even let me return opened software (when i claim that it don't work on my system that is) i usally get store credit though and any thing that i dont use up i get back in cash.

my problem with them is they just don't know what the hell they are doing. its like their tech guys take stupid pills or something when i call or they just don't care. most of the time the sales pepole are rude (hang up on you, are not knolagable, or they are just dumb kidds who think a "playstation is a real computer" yep run seti @ home on a playstation you yuppie butt hole. i really hate those plaza rats. just becuase they work in a computer store they think they have a clue as to that the hell they are doing. woooo got just a little caried away there.

LAMFDTK the reason could be that comp usa sucks ass, some pepole (me) just feel that it is required to warn others about this.
                  its all about anger management. so some pepole don't take a 12ga shotgun to some ass who pissed him off (store clearks, mc donalds customers and emplyee's ect... )hey thats something we haven't had to read about lately some nut ball walking into a mc donalds and shooting everyone with a ak47. nope that only happens in our schools now. it's a dark dangerus world out their and i prefer to sit and watch it from the safety of my basement appartment with a pistol next to my monitor just incase some ****ole desides my house looks like a great place to break into.
                  ------------------

[This message has been edited by merchant2112 (edited 09-05-1999).]

[This message has been edited by merchant2112 (edited 09-05-1999).]

noel

Comment

LAMFDTK.. wow what does THAT stand for? Anyway, why NOT overclock your printer? I have an HP 895cse that will do 10ppm, but hey, if i was to get a gas powered weedeater motor and use tweaked Bosch fuel injectors instead of inkjets... BWAHAHAHAHA

------------------
                    Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

This is the Psycho Thread of the YEAR !

Comment

------------------
                        Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

Went into CompUSA just a couple of days ago.. mentioned to the girl at the counter that I had been told CompUSA sucked. All she did was slap me. Wuts up wit dat?

------------------
                          Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

hehe just haveing fun.

------------------

noel

Comment

Working...
                            X