How G400DH to set TV as Multi-monitor > 640x480

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How G400DH to set TV as Multi-monitor > 640x480

If I select multi monitor mode with a TV as the 2nd monitor I can only select 640x480 as the resolution. Going into display monitor settings, I can not make other modes available using 5.21 G400Max?

Any ideas?

[This message has been edited by UserReview (edited 09-04-1999).]

I only get 640x480 when multimonitoring with a TV (not that I want more than 640x480 with the TV I´ve got)

I think that is a limitation of the driver installed for the TV display, it only alows for the 640x480 res. That driver is from Microsoft, not Matrox. Try going to display properties/advanced/monitor and look for other TV driver.

I don´t have found one myself, so I can´t help nomore, but I think the problem lies there.

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 09-05-1999).]

Comment

Is anyone able to run in extended desktop mode at 1024x768 on a TV as the 2nd monitor?

No luck finding other TV monitor file.

I seem to remember I changed the 2nd monitor info file to Television, but I can't find the original now?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by UserReview (edited 09-05-1999).]

Comment

I was just in multi-monitor mode. My TV is set as the second monitor in the second display's monitor tab. I am able to extend my desktop to the TV, at a res of 1280x1024 on my main monitor, and 1024x768 on the TV...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 09-05-1999).]
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Wow, Kruz.. that's a pretty tall, skinny TV you've got there!

------------------
          Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

huh?
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Heh.. the master eraser strikes again!

------------------
              Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

Yep - What you do is Don't select the 2nd output screen as a microsoft's Generic TV or whatever it's called - set it to a 'Generic SVGA 1024x768' and away you go!

------------------
                Cheers,
                Steve

Comment

Oh, one other thing - in the 'settings' tab, make sure you select which screen you wish the 'Advanced' options to make changes to. Ie, select monitor 2 before hitting 'Advanced' and going to the monitor tab.

------------------
                  Cheers,
                  Steve

Comment

SOLVED!

Thanks for the leads....

Turned out I had to select from the Matrox custom monitors 1024x768@60hz, if I selected the windows 1024x768 I had problems.

It's running now, by the way using SVideo sure cleans up the TV display!!!

I was ready to return this Max last week, lockups, tv out issues, etc, it seemed the card or entire G400 idea was a bust...

Now after reading posts on this board, putting some long nights in, its running like a charm.

Thanks to all.

Comment

Why couldn´t I remember that before? It´s wroking here too. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                      X