Has anyone tried Outcast demo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried Outcast demo?

I got it from PC Mag's CD and I have to say I loved it... The problem is it only runs in software mode (grrr)
    Can anyone explain this? Have I done somthing wrong? Anyway it seems to support EMBM which I'd like to see in hardware because in software mode, although it seems to be OK the resolution is very low and the whole image quality is awful... :-(
    PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Just to clarify, the game uses Voxel engine, which until now cannot be 3d accelerated. True it does use bump-mapping but only in software, the bright side that things will change in the future

Regards,

------------------
    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."
    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Working...
    X