Murc,where's the cheese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murc,where's the cheese?

With all this whine surely you guys could bring some cheese! All kidding aside,I'm a happy camper.Recently installed a quantum 9.1+ka hard drive and have increased system speed considerably.System is amd k6-2 350mhz,matrox g200 64 megs.ram efa viking mvp motherboard.Downloaded latest drivers (5.21)flashed the bios,(must say the new flash program from matrox is really cool,what an improvement!)New drivers seems to have corrected the video corruption in games,however I did notice a slight slow down in quakeII,however after flashing the bios speed seems to have increased?I,m not speaking for every one,but so far matrox has not let me down,perhaps if I bought the g400 I might join the others,but I'll wait til all is straightened out and budget allows it.Thank's to all that have helped on this site.Oh,by the way,what is up with the 5.21 download,when I clicked on setup,files were not transferred and had to install via new hardware found.Mistake,or by design?To those who seem to be having problems study up on this site and on matrox files.Between the two of them,you also may be a happy matrox user!

It would take a lot of cheese to go along with all the whine

Thing is, it's the same 1/2 dozen or so people doing all the whining...those people are going to get mighty fat on all that cheese

Anyway - glad to hear you'r happy with your G200. The G400 problems are not as pronounced as you might think from these forums, so don't let that stop you when you decide it's time to upgrade. Usually only the people who are having trouble take the time to post, so thats all you ever see. Everyone else is busy using their machines happily
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin, why cheese couldn't they be haveing pork? white wine or red.

oh ya i like the new drivers. open gl works for me now 5.13 and 5.15 refused to work with halflife on my system now it dose.

i finaly over clocked my g400 can reach max speeds 300 pll clock? but i grt coruption. so i set it for 290.00 (mga tweek)to be safe. is that a good oover clock level for a 32meg dualhead retail?

------------------
      I think I need help. I'm not sure what do you think, do I need help?
      msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
      it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

funny thing is that I was able to run Halflife even with the beta 2 ogl, (in ogl)
        jim

------------------
        p2-350 (o.c'd to 450) 128mb pc-100, Mill. G200 8mb sgram (o.c'd to 210 with MGATweak) PD5.21, win98se, DX6.1, THREE BIG FANS (and three little ones)
        System 1:
        AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
        Epox 8K7A
        2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
        an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
        SBLIVE 5.1
        Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
        IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
        Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
        3Com Hardware Modem
        Teac 20/10/40 burner
        Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment