Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400MAX died

What a day

I pre-ordered my MAX on June 21st and finally recieved it on August 16th and have been enjoying it ever since. Until this morning that is.

I leave my pc on all night and was running win98 and the viewsonic screensaver. I woke up this morning to a black screen and figured the pc locked up so I rebooted to ...a black screen. I power off and on the monitor and cannot get any adjustment screens from the monitor even with it unplugged from the pc...nothing.

So now I'm pissed that my 3 month old Viewsonic P815 21" monitor died. Coming home from work in the afternoon I proceed to troubleshoot further. I plug in an old 17" monitor...nothing. I put in a oem 16meg G400 and I've got video so now I know my MAX died. I put it in one more time to make sure and it's dead. Ok to me that's not as bad as my monitor going out and I lug over the 21" and try it again...and its dead too! I am not a happy camper! I have no idea what caused this and I assume a failure in one caused the other to die but who knows which?
    I didn't have any power outages and they're plugged into an apc surge protector in any case.

The only good news was my dealing with the Matrox store as after I called them and explained that it died for no apparent reason and that I could not afford much down time, they are overnighting a replacement MAX and are having my defective one picked up to be returned to them. To me that is excellent customer service and makes it worth it that I ordered from them although if I waited I could have paid less $.

Unfortionately I'm going to have to lug my zillion pound monitor over to a repair station and probably wait a week

Any ideas how something like this could happen?

Wait a minute... you're Max AND your viewsonic died the SAME NIGHT? impressive.

Heh mabye when the G400 gave it's last pulse, that pulse was a little to much for the catode ray laser in your monitor. or something like that.

----------------------
    I'm not afraid of insects taking over the world, and you know why? It would take about a billion ants just to AIM a gun at me, let alone fire it. And you know what I'm doing while they're aiming it at me? I just sort of slip off to the side, and then suddenly run up and kick the gun out of their hands.

Comment

Or maybe your monitor shorted out & killed your MAX
      chuck
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
      X