No announcement yet.

5.30 Baaaahhh...... I Want AGP X4 !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.30 Baaaahhh...... I Want AGP X4 !!!!

I've got to say straight away that I just luv the new 5.30 drivers (even more so since it appears my G400Max has 'burnt in').

But I just cant wait for the new AGP4x motherboards, then we'll be able to see just what the G400Max can really do. The thing is that as far as I am aware no-one has seen or tested these MB's with the Max (please someone prove me wrong).

Will there be a new 3DMax99 score to aim for!!!!

------------------
    Nigel

Any opinions expressed in the contents of this message and any file attachments, are my own.
    Nigel

Any opinions expressed in the contents of this message and any file attachments, are my own.

Nigel,

Uh.. I think the MAX, in its current form, is only capable of AGP 2x. It can run on a AGP 4x board at 2x speed. At least, that's my understanding from I have gleaned from the pages of these hallowed halls...

------------------
    JamesA who BOLDs a LOT
    System Details

"To infinity and beyond!!" - Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story

<font color="#FF0000">{Stupid edit mistake: need COFFEE.}</font>

[This message has been edited by JamesA (edited 12 October 1999).]
    <b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

Comment

I believe Haig said, at the time, nobody knew exactly what the AGP 4x spec would be. Matrox wasn't sure if the board would provide 4x performance, although they knew that the board would perform in the new slot.

I'm not sure if this is still the case. Early Camino boards have been floating around, although reviewers tend to use the TNT2 Ultra for testing. The TNT2's that support the standard appear to perform at the standard, so I hope Matrox had the same early specs as nVidia did.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

James pretty much has it. This incarnation of the G400 will not run AGP4x speeds.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

But the g400 chips itself is capable and so we should see some g400 AGP4x boards out relatively soon, once all testing has been done.

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

PS: Some or all of the above message may be wrong, or, just as likely, correct. Depends on what mood I'm in. And what you know. ;¬)

Comment

Working...
          X