Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRQ

Hi,

Advised on Matrox G400 IRQ. I am currently using IRQ 11 for my G400 by default when I first installed. But this IRQ was taken by my ATM card(for ADSL modem). This ATM card does not want to share with other card the same IRQ and it must to preset to IRQ 11 as default. Will they be any problems if I change the IRQ for the G400 to IRQ 9 using the motherboard (ASUS-P2B-F)BIOS setting for

SJ

Matrox cards will be happy if set to 9 10 or 11, so go ahead and move it!

Comment

Also note that on the P2Bs (as with most mobos), the first PCI slot shares an IRQ with the AGP slot. So, if your ATM card is in that slot, you should move it if possible...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hi,

The folloing is my new change, some advised please.

9 3Com Fast EtherLink XL 10/100Mb TX Ethernet NIC (3C905B-TX)
        9 Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
        9 Matrox Millennium G400 DualHead - English
        9 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
        9 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
        9 SCI IRQ used by ACPI bus

If I would make this setting stay in my system, would it be a problem.

SJ

Comment

Since your MB is P2B, leave PCI slot 1 free if only have 3 or less PCI adapters... (Otherwise, put the one on PCI1 that wouldn't conflict with G400...)

As Kruzin said, it shares the same IRQ with AGP, and most devices would have the problem of sharing IRQ with G400...

P4-2.8C, IC7-G, G550

Comment

Working...
          X