Occasional DVD Stuttering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occasional DVD Stuttering

I'm getting occasional Picture stuttering while i play a DVD using DVDMax... It looks like my pc cant handle the scene, but when i "rewind" it's gone... after a while it comes back again in some other part of the movie...
    anybody know what's causing this, and if there is something that can solve it?
    Co-Webmaster of The Matrox Sphere
    Enter The Sphere:
    go.to\matroxsphere

Athlon 700, 256Mb 7ns CAS2 RAM, MSI K7-Pro, 10.8Gb Maxtor Diamondmax UDMA, SBLive! 1024 Player + Soundworks FPS1000, Iomega ATAPI Zip drive, Pioneer slot-in 36x SCSI CD-ROM drive, Yamaha CDRW4001t 4xWriter, 56k external modem, Winbond PCI NIC/Etherlink III ISA NIC, {bold}G400 DualHead 32Mb[/bold], Iiyama Vision Master Pro450 19' Diamondtron NF

That's more likely to be something else going on in your system and accessing the hard drive rather than a problem with your DVD software or drive. Turn off everything that might be running on a scheduled (e-mail checker, ICQ, virus scanner, Windows task scheduler, etc) and see if that helps.
    System specs (well, everyone else is doing it!):

Asus P2B-F motherboard
    Pentium III 450, no overclock
    G400MAX/32DH, no overclock
    256 MB PC100 RAM
    SB Live Value
    Hauppauge WinTV PCI
    ReelMagic Hollywood+
    USR 56K ISA
    Win98 SE

Comment

Recently, for no obvious reason, something
      erased the bios information of my Millennium
      II AGP 4Mb Board.
      Since i did'nt have made an emergency disk,
      I flashed it back with 865-4.bin file, but i
      have lost all informations such es serial
      number, features list ecc..
      If somebody would be so kind to send me his
      backuped bios or tell me how can i restore
      back all the data in the bios, I'll be
      thankfull.
      Thanx!

Tex :-(

Comment

disregard last post?!

anyway, i'm suspecting MGA Tweak's clock monitoring of being the reason...
        Co-Webmaster of The Matrox Sphere
        Enter The Sphere:
        go.to\matroxsphere

Athlon 700, 256Mb 7ns CAS2 RAM, MSI K7-Pro, 10.8Gb Maxtor Diamondmax UDMA, SBLive! 1024 Player + Soundworks FPS1000, Iomega ATAPI Zip drive, Pioneer slot-in 36x SCSI CD-ROM drive, Yamaha CDRW4001t 4xWriter, 56k external modem, Winbond PCI NIC/Etherlink III ISA NIC, {bold}G400 DualHead 32Mb[/bold], Iiyama Vision Master Pro450 19' Diamondtron NF

Comment

Working...
        X