Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with DVD max on a TV

Hi,

yesterday I bought a AOpen 6x/32x DVD-ROM drive, so I can finally use DVD's. Using Matrox DVD player looks great on a monitor. Fluently, great quality.

Now I wanted to make good use of the dualhead of my G400 and connected it using a SCART cable to my PAL TV. However, when playing DVD's with DVD Max turned on in the driver panel, I have the problem that the TV image seems to stutter about 1-2 times a second. On the monitor it is still fluently.

Have you experienced this and know how to solve it? Some specs:

Pentium II 450 Mhz.
    128 MB memory
    G400 32 MB with dualhead (overclocked to MAX speed).

I live in Holland, so I have a PAL TV. And ofcourse I selected PAL in the display panel.

Any help is appriciated.

With regards
    Frank Schoondermark

BTW: I have also installed those files in that cinema.zip file posted earlier so that I finally could access the Specials menu on The Matrix DVD (region 1).

Comment

Damn, I keep forgetting stuff. I am ofcourse using the newest 5.30 drivers for my G400.

Comment

Have you tried ajusting the various flip modes available with regeion selecter from www.dvdutils.com, you need the latest beta version.

Also try checking the 'preseve source cropping' in the DVDMAX options.

I too use PAl with the DVDMAX with no problems out to the T.V, compsite to scart.

Comment

I have the same problem, se post (weird dvd playback on tv.) I got so irritated of this stuttering problem with region1 disk that i yesterday vent out and bought a Hollywood Plus, and in the drivers i can choose pal 60hz and avay your problems go, but i actually prefer the image quality of the g400 better! So for region2 disk i use my g400, but then i can't get ac3 sound, so i dont knov if i can somehow choose to use the S/PDIF connector on the H+ and the tv-out on the g400? I use a S-Video kabel to my tv.

Comment

Just tried to set surface flip mode to soft-deinterlace, looks like it solved the problem with the TV.

Comment

Forget DVD's for now, simply try to play an AVI to see if the feature is working fine... does it play on your monitor? Before tweaking the DVD software till we have no idea what to blame let's take a look at the main functionnality...

Z

Comment

The stutter comes from the NTSC tp PAL conversion when playing RC1 DVDs on a PAL TV.
                This problem was reported several times now and it's really annoying.
                Haven't tried software deinterlacing yet but as far as i remember my last test with different display modes, my Celeron 400 was far to slow for software deinterlace.

Comment

My Celeron 550 isn't that fluent in Software De-Interlace either.. gonna need at least 600+ for that... or an Athlon!
                  Co-Webmaster of The Matrox Sphere
                  Enter The Sphere:
                  go.to\matroxsphere

Athlon 700, 256Mb 7ns CAS2 RAM, MSI K7-Pro, 10.8Gb Maxtor Diamondmax UDMA, SBLive! 1024 Player + Soundworks FPS1000, Iomega ATAPI Zip drive, Pioneer slot-in 36x SCSI CD-ROM drive, Yamaha CDRW4001t 4xWriter, 56k external modem, Winbond PCI NIC/Etherlink III ISA NIC, {bold}G400 DualHead 32Mb[/bold], Iiyama Vision Master Pro450 19' Diamondtron NF

Comment

Working...
                  X