PD5.30 and G200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD5.30 and G200

I know this is a big release for all of you G400 owners, but does anyone know of any issues or anything with these new drivers for the G200? I want to make sure it doesn't conflict with my V2-SLI rig. I wouldnt think it causes a problem since turbogl is for the G400, but better to be safe.

my system: pII-400, 128mb pc100, AsusP2B, G200-8mb

I just installed 5.30 over 5.25 and I'm pleased to see everything still running at least just as good as with 5.25
    with 5.25 Q2 crashed when running in OpenGL mode and now with 5.30 even Q2 runs just fine !
    5.25 gave me a 3DMark99Max result of 2753
    with 5.30 I now get a nice 2777

so I dont see any reason why u shouldnt upgrade to 5.30 even though u have "only" a G200...

greetings
    NoClue

---
    doh, actually I have no clue but who cares!

Comment

I wish that were true for me... I can't get MythII, Tribes, or any other 3d games to work with PD5.30 on my G200. Haven't tried PD5.25, but I'm thinking about putting it in instead.
      Specs: AMD K2/2-450, 64Mb, Soltek/VIA MB, G200/8Mb/AGP, Latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers installed.

Comment

Yeah, there are almost always fixes and performance increases with both D3D and OGL on the G200 as well as the G400.

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million-to-one", he said.

Comment

Rylan,
          There have been one or two posts recently ( on gaming forum?)that indicate a few problems with the G200 and the 5.30 drivers when playing specific games, I think system shock 2 was one of them. Anyway whatever the probs, going back to 5.25 cured them.Suggest you try the 5.3 as all systems are not identical, if any probs try 5.25 these should be ok.
          Best of luck.

Comment

Hey Steve, you are either a Justin Hayward fan or have you actually got Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds?..........My kids wont let me play it , scares em to death!!.

Sorry rylan, bit off topic there.

Dave.

Comment

Yeah, I do actually have Jeff Waynes War of the worlds musical. On vinyl at the moment, gotta transfer to CD some day... I listened to it for the first time in ages the other day - it's still amazing. I have the original broadcast (in mp3) too which is cool. But the story's quite different in comparing the musical with the original broadcast.

------------------
              Cheers,
              Steve

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million-to-one", he said.

[This message has been edited by SteveC (edited 25 October 1999).]

Comment

I finally got around to installing 5.30 on my system yesterday and everything so far seems to be stable. Course, I haven't played anything other than HOMM3 since then, so I don't know if there are any problems with OGL or D3D but I haven't had any crashes that weren't expected(tried yet again to force AGP2x, and failed).

Asus P5A K6-2 350 @ 400 BIOS 1007, Mill G200 8mb, 64mb RAM, Win98 SE, DX 7.0
                Primary System:
                MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
                120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
                Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
                Seccondary System:
                Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
                3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
                Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
                Tertiary system
                Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
                Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

I've e-mailed matrox (again) about PD 5.30 not working with G200 and MVP3 chipsets. Here's the reply:

Dear Sir,
                  This issue is being looked into but at present I have no information or a
                  release date for a driver that corrects your problem.

At 01:20 AM 10/23/99 +0200, you wrote:
                  >I'm wondering about the state of the new drivers. The ones that fix the
                  >problems with G200 & Super7 bords. From what I read in the MURC Forums,
                  >there were no problems with 5.30.6 (beta), and there are no problems with
                  >G400 , 5.30 and s7.
                  >
                  >So, my guess is that the problem is easily fixed, and I can welcome good
                  >working drivers, with good working OpenGL in a couple of days. Right?
                  >
                  >Randy.
                  Looks like a loooooong wait for us again. Anybody who wants to donate me a G400? Or athlon system.

Comment

Well.. I put PD5.25 on, and it now works.. MythII and Q3-demo work pretty good (tho I'm still trying to speed 'em up a bit). Before, they'd just crash and lock the system. Tribes on the other hand...very slow

Oh..I don't have an Athlon system u can borrow, but I do have the 1x1 logo-stickers! U can pretend it's an Athlon.. Speaking of which, I'm still having a hard time getting 'em from some of my distributors. Tho, they *promise* this should change soon..

[This message has been edited by kc4pod (edited 25 October 1999).]

Comment

I have tried installing the 5.30 drivers also
                      3 times I have formatted and did a clean install of Win98.Everything works fine except
                      games,Q2,HL,Kingpin all lock up as soon as there done loading.Went back to 5.25 drivers and everything went back to normal.Guess I'll wait for a fix,hope they don't forget us
                      G200 owners.

------------------
                      Amd K6-2 350@452,Fic 503+1.2a,64mb pc100 Mushkin Samsung GH cas2,G200 8mb Sgram,Maxtor 8.4gb,Yamaha Sound
                      Amd K6-2 350@452,Fic 503+1.2a,64mb pc100 Mushkin Samsung GH cas2,G200 8mb Sgram,Maxtor 8.4gb,Yamaha Sound

Comment

the 5.30 will only work if you install them over the 5.25 since it does not overwrite some files... hence those people aer not completely using the 5.30... There is an issue right now wieht the 5.30 and a G200... simply stay clear of them for the time being... I highly recommend that you stick with the 5.25.

Comment

I tried version 5.30 too. I had problems with explorer.exe crashing each time I closed a window and my dos box was unreadable in fullscreen.

Didn't have any problems with games though, not even System shock or Quake 3.

I recommend you use 5.25 until it's fixed.

Btw, I am using Windows 98 SE

------------------
                          Cya,
                          J.

System specs:
                          ASUS P2B-LS, 128MB RAM, Matrox Millenium G200, Nothing O/C.
                          Cya,
                          J.

"Unix can be a cynical Operating System for a person whos mind is limited to a Windows user interface"

System specs:
                          AMD Athlon 600mhz, OEM FIC SD11, 192MB RAM, Matrox Millenium G200 (PD5.41), Nothing O/C.
                          Running Windows 98SE & Linux Mandrake 7

Comment

Me too.. G200 + SS7 MB

Q2 using ogl and anything that uses DirectX (7) crashes the pc with a blue screen error.

After reading the previous replies I'm going back to 5.25 and staying there.

Vic

Comment

Working...
                            X