No announcement yet.

Does every body have probs with G400 & SB live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No issues here with BE6 and all versions of S.B. Liveware till 3.0 here with my G400. Running your cpu that high I take it you had to turn your level two cache off? If so, even at that speed I think your system is slower than the P3 450 running normally? I find 558 to be the max at which I can the engage the level two cache. And it is much faster that way with the cache enabled on my system.

Enjoy your new toy.

[This message has been edited by Fatebender (edited 04 November 1999).]

Comment

You must be joking I would not be o\c this 450 to 630mhz if I had to disable the L2 cache mine is running at default[which I think is 8] not that I have tryed to change it.

In my opinion this P3 450 is the best chip I have ever had the pleasure of over clocking.

I don't know what S code cpu you are using but in my experience if its not an SL35D or SL37C its not even worth buying.

I was lucky enough to get hold of a SL35D which has some of the best quality cache chips available,and its an oem so it only cost me £145.00 inc v.a.t and delivery.

It runs at default voltage 2.0v and a FSB of 140mhz all with my pc100 128mg lucky dimm which has been in the last two pc that I have put togeather.

Im thinking of getting some pc133 memory when the prices come back to earth, the only thing is I think that going for the 675mhz speed will bring the fsb speed up to 150mhz which in turn will raise the agp buss speed even higher.

As I have just purchased a G400 MAX which I have been told seem to like the higher buss speeds,but I don't know if I will have the balls to push it that far.

so if you need any help with o\c your cpu to the 600mhz barrier and above just say so,I don't mind spreading the good word!! matt {:O)

Comment

Working...
      X