No announcement yet.

you all are gonna love this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I could use a nice Permedia3 Coaster on my desk!!

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

What a load of crap!!!! Man these guys are idiots!

But then again, we should take it as a pad on the back, as they obviously see tha Matrox G400 as the only real competitor...!

------------------
      ASUS P2B-S, PII-350 (o/c to 412MHz), 128MB RAM, Cheetah 9.1 GB, Matrox Mill. G200SG, SB 64AWE, Plextor 32x CD-Rom, Sony CDU-924S CD-R, Canon BJC-7000 InkJet and Canon CanoScan 300 Scanner.
      ASUS P2B-S, PIII-550 (o/c to 565MHz), 512MB RAM, Seagate X15 & Cheetah XL, Matrox Mill. G200SG, SB LivePlayer, Plextor 32x CD-Rom, PlexWriter PX-R820T CD-R, Canon BJC-7000 InkJet, OkiPage 4W Laser and Canon CanoScan 300 Scanner.

Comment

talk about daring... most of the feature chart is completely false... they put an OpenGL version for the MAX, but not a check box beside OpenGL ICD... how low can you get!!!

Comment

I snuck it in to their webmaster, I was a little short last night, and wasn't up to trying to hunt for a responsorial e-mail address.

Guyv... Still a little miffed, but feeling a little better after blowing off some steam...
          Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
          - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
          - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
          - 6.1 Digital Audio
          - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
          - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
          - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
          - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
          - LS120 IDE Floppy
          - Zip 100 IDE
          - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
          - NEC FE950
          - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Hah!! Got a reply first thing "this morning" CST...

Here it is..

Thank you for pointing this out. We are investigating this and will be
            correcting the information shortly.

Chris Watts
            3Dlabs
            Guyv!!!
            Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
            - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
            - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
            - 6.1 Digital Audio
            - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
            - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
            - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
            - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
            - LS120 IDE Floppy
            - Zip 100 IDE
            - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
            - NEC FE950
            - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

No!No!No! I wan't a big apology from 3DLab. What say if each of us give 150$ to get a loyer and bring 3DLab to the court...
              My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
              --------------
              I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
              (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
              Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Some time ago, it was my impression that the Permedia3 would be a gamers' board. That turned out not to be the case, and now 3DLabs has two boards, the budget Glint-based card and the Permedia3, with roughly the same specs. It's odd that they decided to pick on the Max, a board marketed, for the most part, at gamers. Obviously, they feel the Max is some sort of threat in a market they pretty much have a lock on.

Maybe their market research people are telling them something I'm not aware of, but I think it would suit 3DLabs to take a look at what nVidia (their fellow OpenGL board member) is doing.

Paul
                paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Hi all! First, I’ve owned a Permedia2 – actually, it (Creative Blaster Exxtreme) wasn’t even one of the best. But it’s an indisputably good chipset, with very good 2D (although not Matrox-quality 2D, but far better than anything else) and impressive OpenGL. The OpenGL was so reliable that a few days ago I have taken the card out from somewhere under my desk to see how it runs Quake3. I could not find new P2 drivers anywhere, so I tried Q3 with the almost 2 years and a half old drivers!!! And IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY, although speed was below any acceptable standard today. Nevertheless, it ran Q3 with ancient OpenGL drivers… Can you imagine what a solid support that is?
                  Something else – with all the nVidia T&L hype today, nobody seems to remember that the P2 has an on-chip Delta geometry processor, one that is used precisely for transformations (the grandpa of today’s Gamma, which btw doubles the GeForce’s number of light sources). And that chipset is almost 3 years old!
                  Finally, it seems stange to see you people making fun of a chipset due to its poor 3D performance. I thought you were a bunch who scorned fps and insisted instead on 2D performance or image quality. Don’t forget that the Permedia3 is a chipset meant for CAD/3D artists rather than gamers.

HOWEVER, I too find 3Dlabs comparison unacceptable – it deliberately misinforms the public about the G400 MAX in every way possible. On the other hand, if 3Dlabs has done that it means Matrox has scared them $#!+less. Which once more shows that this time Matrox has done it!

Livius
                  Asus A7V, Duron 600@900, 192MB PC133@100, G200, Guillemot MUSE, etc.

Comment

what ?....lots of shit ! are they crazy..! ...what a lie ! my god, Im realy mad &..BIP.. NOW !

they should STICK it right in their poor..BIP..GRRRRRRRRRRRR !

..PERMEDIA..muahhahahah LOL , 3Dlabs..hahahahahahah...!

------------------
                    PIII450@465,P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live !(value)...
                    PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

I send them a NICE mail..lets see what the answer will be ?...

------------------
                      PIII450@465,P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live !(value)...
                      PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Some time ago, it was my impression that the Permedia3 would be a gamers' board.
                        Why would you think that, if it's marketed as
                        The Permedia3 Create! is the choice for business graphics and web professionals.
                        ????

I have no doubt that I will shaft MAX on OpenGL, no matter that I 'like' Matrox better.
                        Can someone prove me wrong, perhaps with a link to reliable benchmark where the results would tell otherwise? Please?

_
                        B

Comment

I don't no if I am blind but even my G400(non-MAX) does 1600X1280 in 32bits. Even if Creative say that he use the wrong card(G400 instit of the max) the lie gonna be biger...
                          My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
                          --------------
                          I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
                          (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
                          Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

They forgot to mention that they are in dual head mode under NT. This will give you the max res of 1280.

If they were testing this under 98, then they forgot to mention that they are in DH mode and stating only the max out of the 2nd head.

Haig

Comment

well, atleast they give credit for EMBM

Also, that virtual textures is just their fancy way of AGP texturing. I have no idea what volumetric rendering is unless they are talking about modifier volumes, what PowerVR series 2 has - lots of neat things you can do with modifier volumes. I think that page is just a desperate move by a desperate company.

Comment

Sheet man, I play on my MAXX and I do CAD-3dMAX-exc. exc. and I could no be happier with my G-baby(well, if my wallet was fatter I might be a bit more happy).
                                "640K ought to be enough for anybody."
                                [Bill Gates, 1981]

Comment

Working...
                                X