Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i remove the old drivers to make way for my G400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i remove the old drivers to make way for my G400?

Hey guys, i just got my 32meg G400 and before i pull out my VooDoo banshee card, what old drivers do i need to remove? Any old Voodoo drivers that i need to remove so my system doesn't go crazy looking for it. Thanks guys, and as soon as i can get my card in i can bug you people about how it doesn't work with Unreal and Halflife! Hehe... just kidding.

------------------
    McRhea
    McRhea

Usually you don't have to remove the old drivers, but the nice way of installing the new stuff should start with cleaning after the old one.

1. Get the new drivers from Matrox (don't bother to use ones on the CD)

2. Remove any old-stuff-related software (like custom control panels) that can be removed using Settings - Add/Remove programs.

3. Boot Win9x in Safe mode (pressing F8 in Win95 or Ctrl in Win98), go to settings - control panel - device manager - graphics controllers and remove EVERYTHING in this section. Then shut down the computer.

4. Remove the old stuff, install the new one.

5. Boot Windows. On bootup it will ask for setup disk for the newly-detected device. Ignore this and continue boot. (Win will run in 640x480x16colors).

6. Run the new driver installation program (.exe file from matrox). This will install the full PowerDesk (driver and control panel/utilities).

Comment

Working...
    X