No announcement yet.

Matrox Tech Support: Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea why this happens. It might happen because of the 440GX chipset. I have no problems with the USB anyway.

------------------
    PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

GD,

I think Zwisch may be right, you might want to try resetting the bios and get the IRQ assignment/steering thingie right.

I had this problem with my P2B once when I was adding and removing various junk from my sys. The Plug and Plague bios crapped on itself. Windows 95 never recover. So, I thought, gee, I guess it's time to upgrade to Windows 98.

Nevertheless, I think you should reset the BIOS. Load Defaults or something like that, and start anew.

Good luck!

------------------
      JamesA who BOLDs a LOT
      System Details

"Have you had any licorice lately?"
      <b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

Comment

Hi,

When I first got the PC, the BIOS was not set up correctly. While trying to solve the problems the PC wouldn't boot. So I did reset to the defaults back then and re-configured the BIOS from the ground up. I did not change any settings for the USB though...

Do you think this Bus mastering issue might affect the G400 as well?

Anyway thanks for your help everyone!

------------------

Comment

Hi GD,

sorry for the delay, but I'm at home on a short vacation ...

Anyway, I'm back at work on monday, where the mail went to.

CU then,
          Maggi
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

np maggi :-)

------------------

Comment

Working...
            X