No announcement yet.

Un....BELEIVABLE!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny, this is 23rd post since we've heard from Razzle. Think he's burnt out?

Razzle - a Sis chipset MB I have uses a jumper to enable/disable onboard video.
    Also, be careful of svga connector, it's probably not keyed. There's about 4 ground wires in a vga connector to cook an output.

Rylon- I thought it was 'omplementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor'

So I looked it up and got this... http://instructor.iwcc.cc.ia.us/dcor...205/sld003.htm

However, I also found this... http://www.a-ten.com/books/cmos.html

Wait, it doesn't stop there. A search for 'CMOS' yielded.... http://www.cmos.com/ who happens to supply PC's configured with, you guessed it, 'SiS chipsets'

I gotta take a break.

------------------
    k6-3 450 @500 - tyan 1590s bios 1.16 - wdac310100 - g200 mill sgram w/8mb upgrade & bios 2.6-20 PD 5.25 - AGP1x - 128MB 10ns sdram - sblive value 2.1 - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access (28.8k for emergencies) - win98 service pack 1 + 2
    dx7

abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
    g400 max-
    256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
    dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
    Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

Has anyone seen Godot?

Comment

i was messing with one of those cheapo emachines they're selling these days that wouldn't complete the post. turns out the computer was 3 months old and the cmos battery died. replacing the battery did the trick, who knows it's worth a shot...
        hope this helps.

Comment

Razzle,

Try the following, and remember, your motherboard manual is your friend:

0) Unplug your computer and work in an area where there is no static, like a tiled or wooden floor w/o shoes or socks on. Sounds strange, but it is the safest way to do it. Make sure you make contact with the metal case before you touch any electronic component.

1) Pull out EVERY card in your computer. Leave only the CPU, Memory, floppy, Hard disk, power and CD-ROM attached to the motherboard.

2) Pull out the CMOS batery, make sure you take note of how it is installed so you do not reverse polarities when you put it back in, and leave it out for 5-20 minutes. This will clear every setting in your CMOS and you will start fresh. Unless the CMOS is corrupt of course. While the CMOS battery is out make sure all of your cables are plugged in correctly. Make sure the power and reset buttons are not stuck (I had a computer that I trouble shot for 2 hours that wouldn't boot only to find out that the reset button was stuck in so it was on a forever reboot).

3) Put the CMOS battery back in, plug in the computer and turn it on. You need to listen for the beeps. Since there is no video card you should hear a beeeeeep, beep, beep (1 long, 2 short). If you hear these beeps then the CMOS should be okay. If not, something may have been cooked and needs to be replaced.

4) Put back in the Video card ONLY, plug in the monitor (making sure the monitor is plugged into the correct head if you have a dual head display card) and fire up the computer. If it boots, joy of joys. If not, post back or email me and I will help you more if you want me to.

If you can boot at this point, you can shut down the computer and plug everything back in. Keep Slot 1 (PCI) empty, as any card there will normally share resources with the AGP card. Setting the AGP Apeture size to 256 MB has fixed a few bugs, so you may want to try that in the BIOS, too. Hope this helps.

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Do you get the feeling we get a number of hysterical posts from relative newbies (who should be discouraged from ever opening their computers), blaming evil Matrox for screwing up their systems, when they forgot to do something, or did something incorrectly, and when they discover the error of their ways, disappear, never to be heard from again?

(That has to be the longest sentence I've ever written.)

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

razzle has left the building
              jim

------------------
              PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
              128mb pc-100
              Mill G400 (YAHOO!!!) 32mb @ 165/205 with MGATweak-410mhz, 2.5, 2), PD 5.30 & bios 1.5-22
              Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
              SB Live!
              Winblows 98se & DX7
              32 lbs. of fans, heatsinks and aluminum ductwork
              3DMark Result 5954.69 3DMarks
              Synthetic CPU 3D Speed 9325.69 CPU 3DMarks
              Rasterizer Score 2791.72 3DRasterMarks
              Game 1 - Race 65.07 FPS
              Game 2 - First Person 54.89 FPS
              Fill Rate 268.79 MTexels/s

System 1:
              AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
              Epox 8K7A
              2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
              an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
              SBLIVE 5.1
              Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
              IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
              Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
              3Com Hardware Modem
              Teac 20/10/40 burner
              Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

No Paulcs hi probably returne his card and promess him self that he gonna never bay agen a canadian product

------------------
                Sorry for my English.
                A G400 in a new G4 have wing's
                My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
                --------------
                I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
                (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
                Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Hi,

Thanks to all of you guys that posted helpful replies on the forum. Like the subject header said "Un...beleivable" it cannot be a loose card, connection anywhere because the machine never budged! It was probably coincidence that the Mobo died at the same time as changing a setting that I admit I did not know much about.

To shut up all the idiots out there that keep dissing me, telling me not to dismantle PC's because I have no idea what I'm doing. My current machine which has never given a single problem, was assembled from scratch by me and not bought through some shitty retailer that throws in "dodgy" Mobos.

I'm actually fully qualified in the IT area. Bachelors Degree, MCSE , A+, SCO ACE. 3D Accelerators because they are only used for GAMES/ENTERTAINEMENT ... havent really crossed my line until now........

Anyway like I said thanks a Mill to all the guys that helped, and to all the idiots....you know what to do with yourselves.

Just for the record.....

Current Specs :
                  Pentium III 550Mhz
                  Asus P2B Mainboard
                  128MB RAM
                  IBM DTTA UDMA/33 16.8Gb H/D
                  Creative Encore Dxr3 , DVD 6X Drive
                  Creative S/B Live Platinum/ Live Drive
                  Creative RIVA TNT
                  Samsung Syncmaster 750s
                  Cambridge Soundworks 4 Point Surround Speakers

Comment

Good to hear that you solved your problem
                    P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

In case no one has noticed Razzle's specs no longer include a G400.

Comment

3D graphics cards are only used for games? Oh man ALL the stuff in my PC is only used for games ....

....I wish!

[This message has been edited by Smiff (edited 06 November 1999).]

Comment

I need a 1GHZ cpu for my games
                          jim
                          System 1:
                          AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                          Epox 8K7A
                          2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                          an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                          SBLIVE 5.1
                          Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                          IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                          Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                          3Com Hardware Modem
                          Teac 20/10/40 burner
                          Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Then by the PowerMac G4 it is not 1GHZ but still 3 times faster then the P III. So fast that even the goverment of U.S don't wan't aplle to sell the G4 to enemy contry. By the way I sold my'n to Sadam Hussan...

------------------
                            Sorry for my English.
                            My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
                            --------------
                            Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Then by the PowerMac G4 it is not 1GHZ but still 3 times faster then the P III. So fast that even the goverment of U.S don't wan't aplle to sell the G4 to enemy contry. By the way I sold my'n to Sadam Hussan...

------------------
                              Sorry for my English.

Osho
                              --------------

Comment

Working...
                              X