Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rags can you give me your system specs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rags can you give me your system specs ?

Rags can you give me your system specs please it seems that you are in to some serious o\c like myself ;]

Matt {:O)

The main system that I use is currently as follows:

ABit BH6 rev 1.0
    P3 450@560
    128 MB PC100 corsair
    G400 OEM 16MB SH
    Sportster 56K
    3Com NIC
    2 WD 8gig. caviars
    1 Seagate 8gig Medalist
    Delta CDRom
    SB16 (just sold my Live! Value OEM, gonna get another when it comes)
    ProCase FullTower with 6 Fans and 300W PS.

I think that you are more interested in my friend's system that I used my G200 and G400 on to see if his problem with getting better O/C results was due to his V770:

He has a:

ABit BE6
    P3 450 @504(with the V770 in) @675(with G200/G400 in)
    128 Meg AZZO PC133 RAM
    SB Live! Retail
    13 gig WD ATA66
    Pioneer DVD
    and some no-name modem, and a few other things that I can't remember off the top of my head, but those are the major pieces. He has an MC1000 active cooler on his P3, and his L2 latency is set to 8, CAS latency is set at 2, voltage is 2.1. His tower looked like an enlight with a 250W PS, and a Radio Shack PS to run the MC1000. He spent all his money on this setup, and couldn't get over 112 FSB, and I told him that his video card was probably limiting him, but he didn't believe me, so I brought a fan over to cool his V770 down with, and he could get 124, but it would crash in 3d games. Then I told him that my G200 could probably handle the higher FSB, and he laughed at me, so I went and picked it up, and brought it over. 124 FSB, no problems, 133fsb, no problems, 150, crash in 3d...bump the voltage up a notch, set L2 to 8, and bam...a stable overclock. Thing is, his V770 at 112 was smoking my G200, I told him to wait until I got my G400, he would shit his drawers. Couple of weeks ago, I finally got one, and went right over there to play....and his V770 looked like a limp dick on prom night

Rags

Comment

Thanks Rags

That's great news You have made my day,one question ? "well maybe two"

People don't seem to believe me when I tell them that I have not had to change my L2 cache latency !

This may sound like a stupid Question but when we O\C our processors does the changing of fsb's alter the level that the cache latency is set to from default latency timmings.........(I know it sounds a bit tongue twister)

As i have never in my o\c experiance felt the need to alter these timmings to achieve better O\C stabillity it seems a bit of a broken pencil senario ???? any ideas

Matt {:O)

Comment

No, the L2 latency remains the same when you change FSB's unless YOU change it. Some can achieve some more stability when their L2 cache is being pushed towards their limits.

Rags

Comment

So my system is running as fast as it can possibly go then? {:O)

Comment

You may be pushing the limits of your system, but to get a bit more performance try setting your CAS latency timings to 2, and the lower you set your L2, the more performance is supposed to increase.

Rags

Comment

K I will try the latency thing,my Cas Latency Timmings are allready at 2 thanks

Regards Matt {:O)

Comment

Hello RAGS,

Which Bios has your ABIT BH6 rev1.0? My is HN. Can I upgrade my bios to latest LN?
                (ABIT WEB SITE) It`s possible?
                Because I want buy in near future(maybe next week) P3 and g400MAX.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Rags

I tried changing my L2 cache,I went from 1 to (default 8) and to be honest with you I found that it made very little difference at all.
                  Infact on my tests with sisoft 99 & Future mark 3D Mark the lower I went with the cache the slower it went,anything over 8 just disables the cache alltogether.

So as I had expected if you are o\c ing your cpu its best to leave the L2 cache settings in your bios to default!!!

Anyway thanks for the advice as it has shown me that my cpu is running optimally.

regards Matt {:O)

Comment

Working...
                  X