No announcement yet.

Problem with the MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok. It still hangs up. I can hear the music though continuing and it is just the visuals that freeze. I can't cad out of it or anything. The 4in1 patch didn't work because I have a registry error. It just tells me to restart my computer. I do, but it says the same thing again. If you can tell me how to fix that, that would be cool. Then I could do EXACTLY what you say and it would most likely work. Otherwise, I'm really not sure what the hell to do. Thanks again everyone.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

per the registry prob, what fsb are you running that k6-300 at, most of them run at 66mhz with only a few being "able" to run at 100mhz
      jim

------------------
      PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
      128mb pc-100
      Mill G400 (YAHOO!!!) 32mb @ 165/205 with MGATweak-410mhz, 2.5, 2), PD 5.30 & bios 1.5-22
      Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
      SB Live!
      Winblows 98se & DX7
      32 lbs. of fans, heatsinks and aluminum ductwork
      3DMark Result 5954.69 3DMarks
      Synthetic CPU 3D Speed 9325.69 CPU 3DMarks
      Rasterizer Score 2791.72 3DRasterMarks
      Game 1 - Race 65.07 FPS
      Game 2 - First Person 54.89 FPS
      Fill Rate 268.79 MTexels/s

System 1:
      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
      Epox 8K7A
      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
      SBLIVE 5.1
      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
      3Com Hardware Modem
      Teac 20/10/40 burner
      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

sorry, what's an fsb?
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Front Side Bus. Processor, cache, memory, etc. run on the all important front side bus.

Modern motherboards typically run with FSB's of 66 MHz, 100 MHz, and now 133 MHz.

A 500 MHz Pentium III at spec runs with a multiplier of 5 x the 100 Mhz bus speed.

The 300 MHz Celeron runs at spec with a multiplier of 4.5 x a 66 MHz bus speed. (Many people found they could raise the bus speed for this processor on their motherboards to 100 MHz, without blowing up their computers, and got 450 MHz CPU's for a lot less money than the PII 450 was going for at the time.)

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

How do you check what it is running at? Let me know and I'll let YOU know tomorrow evening. Can this really make my card "work" without crashing?
            --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry for the late response.
              Tree way to now.
              -Take your motherboard book if you kiped and wach for the juper for the frequence. See in your motherboard how thw jumpers is pout and wach in your book the configuration mach.
              -Wach in your BIOS I don't now in a VIA but it must pout this information somwere.
              -(probably you will chouse this one)download SiSoft and wach for your system. This choise is the best.

In your place I will reformat my Hardisk and reinstall Windows with a cleane install of all the drivers

------------------
              Loock gay's hah I'm a MURCer and sorry for my english
              My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
              --------------
              I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
              (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
              Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

ok, I'll try to find it, but reformatting is out of the question. I don't know where I could back up 26 gigs of stuff ... Ok, where can I download that SiSoft thing?
                --- Albert Einstein

Comment

You can get it her : http://WWW.sisoftware.demon.co.uk/sandra/start.htm

------------------
                  Loock gay's hah I'm a MURCer and sorry for my english
                  My concern is with growth. You must grow to become one, to become whole, to become sane. I am not going to force sanity upon you. Rather, I am going to bring out your insanity. When it is pulled out completely, throw into the wind, sanity will happen to you, you will grow. You will be transformated. That is the meaning of meditation

Osho
                  --------------
                  I will try to use a dictionary when I can't
                  (Corrected by Robert&Collins dictionary)
                  Credit Card numbers Visa expiration date 2005 N:5125 1548 6548 please dont steel

Comment

Ok, I found it. It says it is running at 67 MHz with a 4.5x multiplier. Now what?
                    --- Albert Einstein

Comment

well, that's not the reason for your reg. errors, I think rags has the idea, also, you should remove the 4 in 1 and reinstall it under normal not turbo
                      jim
                      System 1:
                      Epox 8K7A
                      SBLIVE 5.1
                      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      3Com Hardware Modem
                      Teac 20/10/40 burner

Comment

Ok, I've tried that. Whenever I do the installation, there is no "turbo/normal" option anywhere.... Should I just keep my installation as it is and force the AGP 1x?
                        --- Albert Einstein

Comment

yes
                          System 1:
                          Epox 8K7A
                          SBLIVE 5.1
                          IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                          3Com Hardware Modem
                          Teac 20/10/40 burner

Comment

ok, I'll try it. By the way, what exactly does Bus mastering and 32bit Z-buffering do? I figure that as long as I can't install the 4in1 drivers and I just have to use the AGP 1x untill I upgrade my motherboard/chip, I might as well drool over what I have but can't use...
                            --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Ok, question. I forced AGP 1x before I did some other things, but I was going to do it again. I figured it wouldn't matter, just rewrite it or something. Anyway, now when I click on Force AGP1 or whatever it's called, it asks me if I want to force agp 2. Force agp 2 asks if I want to force agp1. This didn't happen before. Suggestions? Do I want the REAL agp1 or the one that says it's agp 1? I hope this makes sense to someone out there. Thanks people
                              --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X